During an appearance on NBC’s “Today” program this morning, Broncos general manager John Elway revealed he has been diagnosed with Dupuytren’s contracture, a hand condition involving a tendon that pulls one or more fingers into a bent position. Elway said he was diagnosed 15 years ago and that both of his ring fingers were constricted and he could not hold a football. “When I saw my hand doctor, the only option was surgery,” Elway said in a story posted on the NBC website. “I wasn’t interested in more surgeries. I’ve had so many surgeries during my playing career. At that point in time I didn’t want to have another one.” Two years ago, Elway said his doctor learned of a non-surgical option to straighten his fingers. Fifteen years ago, @johnelway was diagnosed with Dupuytren’s contracture, a progressive medical condition that leads to hand disability. When he was first diagnosed, both his ring fingers were constricted and he had become unable to pick up or hold a football. pic.twitter.com/lA8OYxb0vP — 3rd Hour of TODAY (@3rdHourTODAY) August 22, 2019 Elway is now involved with the “Facts on Hand” campaign to help raise awareness of the hand condition. Elway, 59, and his wife,… Read full this story
- Broncos GM John Elway: Case Keenum was ‘our target’ all along
- The ruthless, winning ways of Denver Broncos GM John Elway
- Tony Romo hanging out with Broncos GM John Elway adds fuel to trade rumors
- Broncos GM John Elway thinks the Chargers might be the AFC West's team to beat
- John Elway reveals Broncos are shopping No. 5 draft pick
- Denver Broncos: Is John Elway the best quarterback of all-time?
- Broncos CB Chris Harris Jr. expects ‘some splashes’ from GM John Elway this offseason
- Browns GM John Dorsey says 'hand size is important,' which bodes well for Josh Allen
- NFL Draft 2018: Browns GM John Dorsey reveals when he knew Baker Mayfield was the guy
- John Elway: Case Keenum was ‘our target’ all along
Broncos GM John Elway reveals hand condition on “Today” show have 337 words, post on www.denverpost.com at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.