Associated Press Published 8:48 AM EDT Aug 20, 2019 Rio de Janeiro – Brazilian television is showing an armed hostage-taker leaving a bus with dozens of passengers on board and being encircled by police after a standoff in Rio de Janeiro. It was unclear if he was injured or dead. Brazilian police say the man had threatened to set fire to the vehicle which had 37 people on board. The hostage taking started at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday on a busy bridge linking the suburb of Sao Gonçalo to downtown Rio de Janeiro. Police said they told authorities the man had spilled gasoline in the bus and threatened to set it on fire. Officials said the man has identified himself as a policeman but this has not been confirmed. The man had not made any particular demands and appears to have “psychological problems,” a spokesperson for the traffic police said on TV Globo.
- Wife of UP hostage-taker lynched by locals after cops rescued 23 children
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants to Launch a Wellness TV Show — But Draws the Line at a Goop Network
- TV show ‘Aata Juniors’ to be back soon, Ohmkar to turn a judge
- Expendables TV Show Planned with Stallone Producing
- HELLO! recommendations: see our team's top picks in film and TV shows
- Best TV shows to watch on Amazon Prime Video UK now
- U.P. hostage taker’s wife lynched by mob
- UP hostage-taker’s wife stoned to death by locals
- Uttar Pradesh hostage-taker had studied other cases: Police
- UP hostage taker shot dead, all kids rescued
Brazil TV shows armed hostage-taker leaving bus have 257 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.