Belgian cyclist Bjorg Lambrecht has died after crashing during the third stage of the Tour of Poland, the 22-year-old’s Lotto Soudal team announced on Monday. Lambrecht was taken to hospital in a helicopter following the crash which occurred around 96km from the end of the Chorzow to Zabrze stage, the BBC reported. “The biggest tragedy possible that could happen to the family, friends and teammates of Bjorg has happened… rest in peace Bjorg,” Belgian team Lotto Soudal said on Twitter, without providing any details of the accident. Race organisers added: “There are no words to describe this tragedy. Bjorg passed away following an accident on today’s stage. Our thoughts are with his family, friends, team and the whole cycling community.” Lambrecht, racing in only his second season as a top-level professional, was named the most promising youngster in the Criterium du Dauphine in June. (Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by Ken Ferris) Want more news?
- Pro Cyclist Bjorg Lambrecht Dies After Crash During Race
- Why was ORNGE chopper delayed 44 minutes as cyclist lay dying in rural hospital?
- Second British rugby player dies on tour in Sri Lanka
- Cyclist dies outside Catford station after crash with lorry as driver is arrested for causing death by careless driving
- SUV Driver Allegedly Kills Cyclist On Purpose In Bushwick
- Mothers in the UK are almost FOUR TIMES more likely to die in childbirth than those from Poland and Belarus, UNICEF report reveals
- Another Dead Cyclist In The City
- Brit boys, 6 and 8, fighting for lives after horror tourist bus crash in Malta
- Video Shows Horrifying Crash That Killed A Brooklyn Cyclist
- Lead Car's Dumbass Automatic Braking System Causes Painful Crash At Bike Race
Belgian cyclist Lambrecht dies after crash in Tour of Poland have 286 words, post on www.euronews.com at August 5, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.