DENVER (AP) — Nolan Arenado hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning to give the Colorado Rockies a 7-6 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday.After Trevor Story was hit by a pitch, Arenado launched a fastball from Archie Bradley (3-5) over the fence in left. It was Arenado’s third career walk-off homer and first since June 18, 2017, against San Francisco.Arenado was doused with Powerade soon after crossing home plate and mobbed by teammates. Colorado ended a string of five straight losses to Arizona. The Rockies are 14-33 since June 21, one of the worst marks by winning percentage in the majors over the stretch.Arenado’s homer came after Ketel Marte delivered a two-out, run-scoring bloop single in the top of the inning to give the Diamondbacks the lead. Marte dropped a slider from closer Scott Oberg (6-1) just over the head of Story, who turned and threw home too late. It was Marte’s career high-tying fourth hit of the day.Eduardo Escobar hit a two-run homer and Wilmer Flores added a solo shot in the sixth to give Arizona a 5-2 lead. The Rockies tied it up on pinch-hitter Ryan McMahon’s three-run homer in the bottom half of the… Read full this story
- Another quake hits hydropower area, 9th in 3 days
- Napoli beat Bologna to hang onto Milan coat-tails
- Bride runs away at midnight because of 'sexual violence'
- Opportunity knocks for deep US World Cup run
- More Rains Hit Flood-Stricken Indonesian Capital
- Australian panel told of sexual abuse of boys at Salvation Army homes
- Vietnam calls for more support to disaster-hit residents Most Recent News
- Home-stay service draws backpackers, locals in HCMC
- Fresh typhoon hits East Sea Most Recent News
- Vietnamese team hit bronze at Asian Airgun meet in Japan Most Recent News
Arenado hits 2-run home in 9th, Rockies beat Dbacks 7-6 have 301 words, post on gazette.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.