Tuesday August 20, 2019 01:10 AM AP Exclusive: Hoping to fend off the extinction of mountain lions and other species that require room to roam, California is building a mostly privately funded wildlife crossing over a major highway Written by By CHRISTOPHER WEBER, Associated Press LOS ANGELES (AP) — Like many urban singles, the mountain lion P-22 lives a solitary life in a too-small habitat. And he has a hard time finding a mate in the big city. Famous for traveling across two freeways and making a huge Los Angeles park his home, the lonesome big cat has become a symbol of the shrinking genetic diversity of wild animals that must remain all but trapped by sprawling development or risk becoming roadkill. Hoping to fend off the extinction of mountain lions and other species that require room to roam, transportation officials and conservationists will build a mostly privately funded wildlife crossing over a major Southern California highway. It will give big cats, coyotes, deer, lizards, snakes and other creatures a safe route to open space and better access to food and potential mates. The span along U.S. 101 will be only the second animal overpass in a state where tunnels… Read full this story
- AP Exclusive: Government Audit Points to Deceptive Practices by Navient
- AP Exclusive: Europe’s far-right parties wooing the young
- AP Exclusive: UN health agency struggles with travel abuses
- Road Test: 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SEL 1.5T S-AWC
- Why the Hell Are Atlanta’s Freeways Exploding?
- The Volvo V90 Cross Country Has Orange Seatbelts and a $3,300 Cargo Box and I Love It
- Towering above the competition: North America's tallest hotel offers New York tourists a room with a breathtaking view
- One-Off Defender 'Selfridges Edition' Made Exclusively For Store's Designer Room
- 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Great Value and Luxury Design
- Nicki Minaj's Dressing Room Hit in Tekashi 6ix9ine Music Vid Shooting
AP Exclusive: Freeway crossing to give wildlife room to roam have 313 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.