Sidoarjo, E Java (ANTARA) – State airport operator, PT Angkasa Pura I, plans to invest Rp685 billion to finance the expansion of terminal 1 of the Juanda Surabaya Airport in East Java. The expansion of the eastern side of terminal 1 is necessary to ensure the convenience of passengers, General Manager of Juanda Surabaya Airport, Heru Prasetyo, said in Sidoarjo, East Java, on Wednesday. “We apologize to passengers using the transportation services at Juanda Airport for the inconvenience caused while the construction work is underway,” he said. With the expansion of terminal 1, the airport can increase its capacity to 13.6 million passengers from 6 million passengers per year. “The expansion of terminal 1 and (the improvement of) the interior design and supporting facilities have started and will be completed in 14 months,” he said. He said he would also ensure the orderly movement of passengers descending and boarding the plane. “At this moment, passengers who are going to board the plane, do so from terminal 1 A and 1 B. In the future, they will be at terminal 1 A, and terminal 1 B will be only for passengers descending the plane,” he said. Angkasa Pura 1 has named… Read full this story
- Walt Disney to invest two billion euros in Disneyland Paris
- Stobart to invest £40m in London Southend Airport in next four years
- BP CEO says to invest $1 billion in Egypt this year, not owed money
- Italy’s biggest bank to invest 5 billion in tourism
- Italy’s biggest bank to invest €5 billion in tourism
- Project Ireland 2040: Government approves multibillion-euro investment plan
- BrewDog looking to open first airport bar
- Saudi Arabia to spend billions on Western-style entertainment
- 3i cuts back on investments in a 'fragile environment'
- 7 investing tips for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Angkasa Pura invests Rp685 billion to expand Juanda Airport have 288 words, post on en.antaranews.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.