By Douglas Zimmerman, SFGATE Updated 7:46 am PDT, Friday, August 23, 2019 A magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck near Clearlake, California on Friday morning. A magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck near Clearlake, California on Friday morning. Photo: USGS Photo: USGS Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 A magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck near Clearlake, California on Friday morning. A magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck near Clearlake, California on Friday morning. Photo: USGS 3.5 earthquake strikes near Clearlake, CA 1 / 1 Back to Gallery The United States Geological Survey reports a preliminary magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck near Hidden Valley Lake, CA on Friday. The quake hit at 6:16 AM local time at a depth of seven miles. The epicenter was located seven miles east southeast of Hidden Valley Lake and twenty-six and a half miles southeast of Clearlake. USGS reported that the quake was felt as far away as Calistoga, Clearlake, and Santa Rosa. There was no initial word on damage or injury resulting from the quake. More information on this earthquake is available on the USGS event page. See the latest USGS quake alerts, report feeling earthquake activity and tour interactive fault maps in the earthquake section.
- FunPlus strikes nearly $1B deal to sell a game subsidiary to a Chinese company
- How Japan's early warning system detected the earthquake
- Earthquakes are contagious
- Understanding the Chilean earthquake, on the ground and in the lab
- Toyota And Lexus Production Nearly Grinds To A Halt After Japan's Earthquakes
- Hear an earthquake from Mariana Trench in the ocean deep
- Google Now Shows Recent Earthquake Information In Search Results
- Nissan Suspends Work At Fukushima Engine Plant After Earthquake
- Social media sends support after Fukushima earthquake
- Check Your L.A. Home's Likelihood of Collapsing During an Earthquake With This Tool
3.5 earthquake strikes near Clearlake, CA have 281 words, post on www.sfgate.com at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.