Phobias can range from the completely understandable — like aerophobia, the fear of flying — to the less serious — erythophobia, the fear of blushing. But, ultimately, fears are fears and they’re not always rational. Trypophobia, however, is one that you’ve likely never heard about. While not listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the phobia is understood to be a fairly widespread aversion to “clustered patterns of irregular holes or bumps,” according to Live Science. RELATED READ: These tiny mites are mating on your face while you sleepNatural sponges, honeycomb cells and bubbly pancake batter are all things that can trigger the effects of trypophobia. View a gallery of trypophobia-inducing photos here. According to Healthline, symptoms one might experience after seeing a trigger — either in real life or on the internet — include goosebumps, feelings of repulsion, discomfort, visual discomfort, distress, crawling skin, panic attacks, sweating, nausea and body shakes.That said, disgust is the main symptom experienced by trypophobic individuals — which are primarily women, according to Live Science. This symptom is interesting because fear is typically the main reaction in most phobias, which impact a person’s functionality — likely part of the reason trypophobia why experts cannot… Read full this story
- You Have Probably Heard of Smart Goals, But These Goals Are Smarter!
- NLP Fast Phobia Cure - How to Get Results From NLP's Fast Phobia Cure Within 15 Minutes
- How to Beat the Aussie Interest Rate Monster?
- 7 Signs He is Interested
- Dental Phobia - Putting an End to Dental Phobia
- Clown Phobia and Fear Treatment and Cure
- Success - Fears And Phobias: Can You Tell The Difference
- The Legendary Fast Phobia Cure
- Phobias - The Terror Within
- What Causes A Phobia?
You've probably never heard of this interesting phobia of holes have 289 words, post on www.phillyvoice.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.