Wynn Resorts Ltd. expects to open its new Tom Fazio-designed golf course Oct. 11.
The 18-hole course, which sits near Wynn Las Vegas, was designed by golf course architect Tom Fazio with help from his son, Logan. According to a statement from the company, it is the only course connected to a resort on the Las Vegas Strip.
The course sits on the former site of the Desert Inn Golf Club, which hosted three PGA Tour events and used to attract professionals like Arnold Palmer, Sam Snead and Jack Nicklaus.
“Golfers of all skill levels will enjoy the many new aspects of the course, which offers a private escape from the fast pace of Las Vegas,” said Brian Hawthorne, Wynn’s executive director of golf operations, in the statement.
Last year, the company announced that would be restoring its golf course, which had closed in Dec. 2017. CEO Matt Maddox estimated the company lost $10 million to $15 million of domestic casino business from people coming to Las Vegas for golf trips and staying at other resorts.
Those with a room reservation at the Wynn or Encore can reserve a tee time 90 days in advance starting July 13. Non-guests can begin secure tee times 30 days in advance starting Sept. 13.
- Conor McGregor can retire to these amazing homes, including villa in Marbella, mansion in Ireland and Las Vegas pad
- Harden on why he was in Atlanta, Las Vegas: ‘I was just training.’ For? ‘The NBA season.’
- Man Accused of Stabbing Vegas Tourist Fatally Strangles Cellmate, Police Say
- The man who put the giggles into golf: He was denounced as a sexist dinosaur but, writes CHRISTOPHER STEVENS, to millions of fans Peter Alliss, who has died at 89, will always be a giant of the game
- Justin Rose to defy back injury at US PGA in bid to take over as golf's world No1
- Tournament to find first Vietnamese attending BMW Golf Cup World Final
- 64 years on, Sir Bob Charles still calls Shirley his special golfing home
- Boring Company proposes massive Vegas expansion following monorail bankruptcy
- NFL Predictions Week 16: Shaun Gayle takes on Sky Sports Golf's Rob Lee and cricketer Ollie Robinson
- Shibuno passes big test and hangs on to lead in Women's Open
- Graton Resort and Casino’s $175 million hotel opens this week
- LSU women expect challenge from make-up opponent Ragin' Cajuns
- US Women's Open: Tee times and live coverage brought forward for final round
- Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner's whirlwind love: Newlyweds to expectant parents in a year
- Henry Golding is a stylish dad-to-be in blue as he finishes some Christmas shopping in LA with pregnant wife Liv Lo
- Are shops open on Boxing Day in Tier 4?
- Christina Milian keeps it cozy as she shows off her baby bump in grey sweats while running errands in LA... after pregnancy with third child
- 2020 PGA Tour live stream: how to watch PGA golf online from anywhere
- No longer a surprise, Shibuno leads by 3 at US Women's Open
- Trump heads off for golf on Christmas Day with Lindsey Graham as president complains stimulus bill flown to Mar-a-Lago contains too much 'pork' after he demanded Congress give Americans $2K checks
Wynn Las Vegas golf course expected to open in October have 545 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.