Aerial photo of Wynn Las Vegas and construction of the new golf course on Wed., August 22, 2018, in Las Vegas. (Benjamin Hager Las Vegas Review-Journal) Wynn Resorts Ltd. expects to open its new Tom Fazio-designed golf course Oct. 11. The 18-hole course, which sits near Wynn Las Vegas, was designed by golf course architect Tom Fazio with help from his son, Logan. According to a statement from the company, it is the only course connected to a resort on the Las Vegas Strip. The course sits on the former site of the Desert Inn Golf Club, which hosted three PGA Tour events and used to attract professionals like Arnold Palmer, Sam Snead and Jack Nicklaus. “Golfers of all skill levels will enjoy the many new aspects of the course, which offers a private escape from the fast pace of Las Vegas,” said Brian Hawthorne, Wynn’s executive director of golf operations, in the statement. Last year, the company announced that would be restoring its golf course, which had closed in Dec. 2017. CEO Matt Maddox estimated the company lost $10 million to $15 million of domestic casino business from people coming to Las Vegas for golf trips and staying at… Read full this story
- Four Vietnamese golf courses make top 18 list in Golf Digest
- Suspect in murder of Vietnamese tourists in Las Vegas arrested
- US cops suspect male burglar killed Vietnamese visitors in Las Vegas
- Two Vietnamese fatally stabbed in Las Vegas hotel
- Two Vietnamese tourists fatally stabbed in Las Vegas hotel
- Plan in works for 500-foot, $100M Las Vegas wheel
- Who owns the Tan Son Nhat Golf Course?
- Grand Ho Tram Strip opens new golf course
- Las Vegas-style strip encountered hiccups
- Vietnam licenses Las Vegas-style casino
Wynn Las Vegas golf course expected to open in October have 286 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.