PUBLISHED: 14:33 22 July 2019 | UPDATED: 14:33 22 July 2019 Jacob Thorburn Following the news that Waitrose in Stevenage Old Town is due to close later this year, Lidl has refused to confirm whether or not it is interested in taking over the High Street premises. As part of its ongoing expansion programme, Lidl has confirmed plans for three new stores on sites which Waitrose will be vacating. You may also want to watch: When asked by the Comet if the supermarket was interested in the Stevenage branch as well, a spokesperson only referred to the three confirmed sites and would not be drawn on speculation that the town’s Waitrose could also become a Lidl. The Lidl spokesperson said: “As part of our ongoing expansion programme we are pleased to confirm plans to open three new Lidl stores in Bromley, Oadby and Wollaton. In addition to ensuring that a supermarket remains at the heart of the respective local communities, the new stores will provide households with access to high quality affordable produce. We look forward to confirming further details in due course.” Currently the closest Lidl to Stevenage is in Jubilee Road, Letchworth.
- John Lewis denies Amazon held takeover talks for Waitrose
- Amazon reportedly tried to buy British supermarket Waitrose last year — but it was immediately shut down
- Defiant locals refuse to abandon search for Theo Hayez as dozens of volunteers comb bushland in Byron bay for signs of missing backpacker
- 'How can someone just disappear?' Byron Bay locals refuse to give up on the search for missing backpacker Theo Hayez - saying they 'won't sleep' until he's found
- Schweizer: Media and GOP Refuse to Investigate McConnell and Chao Family Ties to China
- Google, Amazon drawn into Telegram ban as Russia blocks 1.8 million IP addresses
- Upcoming 12" iPad Pro gets drawn in beautiful 3D renders, rumored stylus in tow
- MyPillow Announces ‘Strong’ Sales After Refusal to Boycott Ingraham Angle
- Russia Bans Telegram After Company Refuses to Surrender Encryption Keys
- Craig out as Bond after refusing mammoth offer, but a likely successor has emerged
Waitrose: Lidl refuses to be drawn on Stevenage speculation have 341 words, post on www.thecomet.net at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.