By Nguyen Quy  July 23, 2019 | 08:48 am GMT+7 Vietstar Airlines has become the sixth airline in Vietnam. Photo acquired by VnExpress. Vietstar Airlines, a military-run company, has received permission to operate aircraft for commercial purposes after first applying in 2015. The Vietnam Civil Aviation Authority Monday granted the Aircraft Operator Certificate (AOC) to Vietstar Airlines, making it the sixth airline in Vietnam. The AOC is a certificate approved by a regulatory authority, allowing a carrier to operate aircraft for commercial purposes within a specified scope of activities. Vietstar Airlines is allowed to operate two types of aircrafts including Embraer Legacy 600, and Beechcraft King Air B300. Vietstar Airlines was founded in 2011 with a registered capital of VND400 billion ($17.6 million). It has been providing ground handling, aircraft maintenance and pilot training services since. In 2015, it sought permission to flying passengers and cargo, but was asked to raise its registered capital before it could get a license. It has since raised its charter capital to VND800 billion ($34.33 million) and in September 2016, the transport ministry’s aviation department said Vietstar Airlines was qualified to get the license for offering passenger and cargo transport services. Vietstar has targeted to… Read full this story
- Is there space for Vietstar Airlines?
- More airlines are operating, but challenges lie ahead
- Calls for international dark sky reserve in Central Australia
- RPT-ANALYSIS-Resurrected Uganda Airlines flies into crowded African skies
- Turkish Airlines Open: Tee times for second round in Antalya
- When pigs fly: the emotional support animals taking to the skies
- Turkish Airlines Open: Tom Lewis, Matthias Schwab share early lead
- Justin Rose pleased with strong start to Turkish Airlines Open
- Which U.S. Airlines Operate the Boeing 737 Max-8?
- United Airlines expects its Boeing 737 MAX fleet to be flying again by the summer after planes were grounded worldwide following two fatal crashes
Vietstar Airlines cleared to take to the skies have 304 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.