Donald Trump’s ambitious agenda for lowering drug prices has shrunk drastically, leaving the White House dependent on Congress and an idea championed by Sen. Bernie Sanders to salvage one of his signature health care promises. The White House on Wednesday killed one of its most ambitious proposals: to eliminate rebates from government drug plans — replacing those rebates to pharmacy benefit managers with direct discounts to consumers. Two days earlier a judge blocked a rule that would have required drugmakers to list prices in their television ads. The administration previously abandoned proposals to limit government coverage of certain medicines like HIV drugs and antidepressants. Story Continued Below What’s left of the biggest proposals among dozens unveiled by Trump last year is a plan to tie certain drug payments in Medicare Part B to cheaper international prices, and elsewhere, a plan to let states import medicine that is fast gaining traction. Versions of such ideas have been championed by progressives like Sanders but are loathed in the conservative movement. Conservative policy leaders visiting the White House on Friday for a meeting on health policy scheduled earlier are prepared to give the administration an earful. “We anticipate the White House making a… Read full this story
- 'Bad move!' Donald Trump's re-election campaign says it planned multimillion-dollar ad buy on Twitter before platform banned all political advertising
- WHCD Comedian Michelle Wolf: Trump a ‘Pussy;’ Wants to See Jake Tapper Orgasm, Porn and Abortion Jokes Fly
- Sarah Sanders: Trump ‘Extremely Clear’ on Revelation That He Doesn’t Have, Didn’t Make Comey Recordings
- Echoing Trump, Elizabeth Warren Pledges a Platform of ‘Economic Patriotism’
- Michelle Wolf Deleted Anti-Trump, Pro-Hillary Tweets Before Her Vulgar WHCD Performance
- Report: Trump to Unveil Mideast Peace Plan after Embassy Move
- Edward Snowden, Over 100 Activists Call for Trump to Drop Charges Against Julian Assange
- Medicare for All: Can Bernie Sanders overhaul US healthcare?
- PINKERTON: Trump Lays Down the Law to Big Pharma, Embraces the Cure Strategy
- Sarah Sanders: Congressional Baseball Game Provides ‘Great Moment of Unity’
Trump leaning on Sanders-style ideas to save his drug plan have 342 words, post on www.politico.com at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.