Serena Williams was fined $10,000 (€8,900) by the All England Club for damaging one of Wimbledon’s courts with her racket prior to the start of the tournament, media reported. Williams, who faces fellow American Alison Riske in the quarter-finals on Tuesday as she looks to win her 24th Grand Slam title, has yet to comment on the fine. Fabio Fognini was also fined $3,000 (€2,600) for unsportsmanlike conduct after a rant during his third round defeat to Tennys Sandgren. The Italian had said he hoped a “bomb” would explode at the All England Club. Nick Kyrgios was fined $8,000 (€7,100) in total from separate unsportsmanlike incidents in his first and second rounds. The fiery Australian lost to Rafa Nadal in the second round.
- Serena Williams wins a 7th Wimbledon and equals Steffi Graf with her 22nd Grand Slam title
- Serena Williams suffers worst loss of career at Silicon Valley Classic
- Serena Williams opens up about postpartum 'emotions' after shocking Silicon Valley tourney loss
- Serena Williams just suffered the worst loss in her career
- U.S. Open Gives Serena Williams a Seeding Bump, to No. 17
- Serena Williams’ loss in San Jose event not so shocking when you hear her out
- Serena Williams learned her sister's killer was free minutes before loss
- Serena Williams Gets Real About 'Postpartum Emotions' And Feeling Like A Bad Mom
- In 52 minutes, Serena Williams suffered the most lopsided loss of her career
- Serena Williams’ ‘Wakanda-Inspired Catsuit’ Banned By French Open
Serena Williams fined €8,900 for damaging Wimbledon court have 242 words, post on www.euronews.com at July 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.