Searca pushes sustainable, resilient food systemsLOS BAÑOS, Laguna: The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (Searca) has co-organized the Summer School on Sustainable and Resilient Food Systems in Vulnerable Areas that has attracted students from 15 countries. Maria Cristeta Cuaresma, Searca Program head for Graduate Education and Institutional Development, said the summer school was held at the Searca office here on July 15 to 31, with fieldwork in Camarines Sur from July 19 to 29. Cuaresma said the summer school was hosted in rotation by the members of the Searca-initiated Southeast Asian University Consortium (UC) for Graduate Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources, which includes the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB).Other members are universities in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Canada, Germany, Japan and Taiwan. Searca serves as the consortium secretariat. Glenn Gregorio, Searca director, said the course was jointly organized by the UPLB; University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna; Indonesia’s Universitas Gadjah Mada, a UC member; and Searca.“This year’s summer school is on its fifth offering since the University Consortium adopted it in 2015,” Gregorio said. In 2017, the summer school was first offered as a required course of the Master of… Read full this story
- A Sustainable Life
- Genetically Modified Foods - Have You Been Eating Them?
- How Much Human Life Can Planet Earth Sustain
- Introduction to Slow Food
- Going Local For Healthier Food From Sustainable Sources
- Innovations Like Extrusion the Future for the Food Processing Industry
- Food For The Heart-Mind and Spirit
- 5 Telephone System Tips to Delivering Maximum Customer Service From Your Business Phone System
- Food Travel Adventures On Maui
- Fiber Dense Food: Enjoy Living A Healthy Lifestyle
Searca pushes sustainable, resilient food systems have 282 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at July 31, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.