Paolo Duterte throws support behind Cayetano for speakerDAVAO City Rep. Paolo “Pulong” Duterte threw his support behind Taguig City Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano as speaker of the House of Representatives but expressed his disapproval over a “term-sharing” deal that was set by his father with another lawmaker. “I am against any term sharing agreement. However, if the Speaker resigns after 15 months, then we will have to elect a new speaker,” said the younger Duterte who had initially formed a coalition with his sister, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, to nominate Davao City Rep. Isidro Ungab as speaker. Before today, Monday, Cayetano and the Davao City lawmaker had talked amid reports of a coup against the Taguig City representative.Paolo Duterte’s pronouncement at the opening of the session at the House laid to rest fears of an ouster move. “Mr. [presiding officer], I nominate a leader who understands local and national governance, one that can bridge the different branches of the government, one that can represent the House of Representatives and the Philippines in the international arena. Mr. [presiding officer], I nominate the distinguished gentleman from the district…of Taguig Pateros, Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano,” said Rep. Duterte whose announcement was welcomed… Read full this story
- Trump throws support behind stimulus bill in Senate, as Fauci warns of other coronavirus 'cycles'
- Tulsi Gabbard Drops Out Of Presidential Race, Throws Support To Joe Biden
- Gabbard ends long-shot 2020 bid, throws support to Biden
- Tulsi Gabbard Ends 2020 Presidential Bid, Throws Support To Biden
- Sonos’ Fix for Aging Speakers Is Two Separate Sonos Apps
- Duterte tightens virus quarantine in northern Philippines
- Duterte puts northern Philippines under quarantine vs virus
- Boll!&k$ to Bercow! For centuries, the Speaker was impartial, but puffed-up with self-importance – and facing a swathe of bullying claims – one man (and his Remainer wife) tore up the rules
- Best Wi-Fi speakers of 2020: Apple, Sonos, Polk and Ikea
- Marshall adds the compact Uxbridge Voice to its smart speaker lineup
Paolo Duterte throws support behind Cayetano for speaker have 329 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at July 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.