Father Time may be undefeated, as the old boxing saying goes, but Manny Pacquiao is not going down without a fight. The 40-year-old Filipino legend wrote another improbable chapter in his glittering career on Saturday, with an age-defying split decision victory over the hitherto unbeaten Keith Thurman. Pacquiao, a full decade older than the 30-year-old Thurman, rolled back the years with a vintage performance that had a sold out crowd at the MGM Grand Garden Arena roaring in delight. It was the Filipino’s 62nd win of a 71-fight career that has spanned 24 years. Veterans at ringside described the performance as Pacquiao’s best since his dazzling win over Antonio Margarito in 2010. Thurman, who had returned to boxing in January after a 22-month layoff, admitted he had not been able to cope with Pacquiao’s relentless energy. Post-fight statistics told the story, with Pacquiao outpunching Thurman by 686 to 571. A weary Thurman later said he had been chasing the fight from the moment he was sent crashing to the canvas by a stunning combination in the first round. “He had a lot of momentum from that point,” Thurman said. “I ended up paying attention to the number of rounds. By… Read full this story
- Pacquiao ‘ready’ to regain title after weigh-in with Matthysse
- Who was ringside when Floyd Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas?
- BioShock May Be Planning To Bring Back Multiplayer With Next Title
- Review: Future Still Swimming in Dark Waters on Self-Titled Fifth Album
- Adani native title anger prompts police query about 'sensitivities' over removing protesters
- Future: Syrup, Strippers and Heavy Angst With the Superstar MC
- Review: Future Lets His Sensitive Side Show on ‘Hndrxx’
- After Avengers Endgame, here’s everything we know about the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s future
- It’s Happening: Robots May Be The Creative Artists Of The Future
- Hoang Thuy Linh scoops Best Asian Artist Vietnam title at MAMA 2019
Pacquiao mulls future after title stunner have 320 words, post on en.rfi.fr at July 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.