In the second quarter this year, the top five popular brands in the country sold 749,516 units, a decrease of 4.39 percent over the same period last year, according to the Vietnam Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers (VAMM). The five brands, including Honda, Piaggio, Suzuki, SYM and Yamaha, collectively make up around 95 percent of the country’s motorbike market. Among the five VAMM members, Honda currently holds nearly 77 percent of the market share, a 4.5 percent increase from its position at the end of June last year. None of the other four members recorded any increase in their market shares. Falling motorbike sales this year were because the market is near saturation. With sales of nearly 3.4 million units in Vietnam in 2018, the country was the fourth biggest motorcycle consumer in the world, after India, China and Indonesia, according to a recent report by market research firm Motorcycles Data. Last year, Vietnam had the highest proportion of people buying new motorbikes, with over 35,000 new motorbikes sold per one million people. This reflected the general picture on transport ownership in Vietnam, where motorbikes are still much more popular and accessible than cars, Motorcycles Data said. India and China, sold… Read full this story
- Taiwan, India lure foreign money in September, but other Asian markets see sharp outflows
- Used car market sees 50% growth in a year
- Domestic aviation market sees 41st consecutive month of double digit traffic growth
- Oil prices flat with markets on hold for progress in US-China trade talks
- Convenience fee on internet ticketing, catering drove IRCTC top line growth in H1: MP Mall
- No high hopes from Budget 2019 for equity markets: Adrian Mowat
- Market to head towards 12,000 in next series also, private banks to take lead: Yogesh Radke, Edelweiss Securities
- The Star Market: Are the Hollywood Odds in Jennifer Lawrence’s Favor?
- COMMENT - 5 signs that show global equity markets may be heading for trouble
- Market ready for consolidation with some downside: Sandip Sabharwal
Motorbike market sees an H1 cooling down have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.