Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s recent fundraising totals put her in striking distance of qualifying for the third Democratic debate. So far in the campaign, the Minnesota senator raised $12.7 million from more than 100,000 unique donors. To participate in the third Democratic debate in September, candidates need contributions from 130,000 unique donors. Klobuchar’s fundraising puts her in the middle of the large pack of Democratic presidential candidates. But it matters where those donations came from. As a three-term senator from Minnesota, Klobuchar has built a big base of support in the North Star State. Now, five months into a national campaign for the presidency, how successful has she been at drawing in supporters from outside the state? Home state fundraising advantage Klobuchar’s biggest source of donations is Minnesota, her home state. Of the $2.5 million Klobuchar raised in the second quarter from individuals that are itemized in the report, about $700,000 came from Minnesotans — 28 percent. (A note about the data: our state analysis only looks at itemized individual donations. Candidates are only required to report names and addresses of donors who give over $200, though some candidates itemize smaller donations.) Itemized individual donations to Klobuchar by state, second quarter… Read full this story
- Rihanna to Receive This Year’s VMAs Video Vanguard Award So She, Too, Can Announce Her Presidential Bid
- Russia opposition leader Navalny says Kremlin sabotaging his presidential bid
- Amy Klobuchar's Husband Released from Hospital After Coronavirus Diagnosis: 'He Took a Good Turn'
- Amy Klobuchar's husband returns home from hospital to recover from coronavirus
- Klobuchar opens up about husband's recovery from coronavirus
- Democrat Jonathan Herzog on his primary bid against Jerry Nadler amid coronavirus outbreak
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti to Visit Iowa, Test Presidential Waters
- 'The View': Meghan McCain Roasts Cory Booker After He Announces Presidential Run
- L.A. Homeless Crisis Could Dent Mayor Eric Garcetti’s Presidential Hopes
- GOP chair tries to shoot down independent 2016 bids
Klobuchar’s presidential bid leans heavily on Minnesota donors have 319 words, post on www.minnpost.com at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.