The landmark Mineola Hotel on the shores of Fox Lake — a onetime hangout for Chicago mobster Al Capone and his crew — is back on the market with a $5.5 million asking price. Brokers Paul Proano and Edward Dingman of Coldwell Banker Commercial in Chicago confirmed the listing, but declined further comment at the request of the property’s owners. According to the online listing, the owners of the 15.5-acre property are retiring from operating a marina on the site and have decided to sell. The 135-year-old hotel, closed since the 1960s, previously went up for sale in 2012 via the online auction site eBay, but no one submitted the minimum $2 million bid sought. Its owners tried again in 2017, seeking $7 million for the property, before pulling it off the market.Besides the hotel and marina, the property includes a bar and restaurant that closed in 2012 and a single-family home. The hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of Interior and Parks, but the designation would not prevent redevelopment.The listing states the property is being marketed as a waterfront condo/hotel development on the last remaining large parcel on the Chain O’… Read full this story
- Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet - Best Parallel Text For the Historical Famous Play
- How to Choose Historic Colors For Your Home
- Historical Sites Can Make Your Wedding Elegant
- Building Historically Correct Model Tanks
- Historic Maps Allow Us to See the World Through Our Ancestors' Eyes
- A Little Information About Historic Colors
- Historical Fiction Romance - Nobility, Wealth and Lust in One Novel
- Main Street Historic District - Tampico, Illinois
- Historical Fiction Novel Tells of Black Gold!
- "Mysterious Letters and Romance" is Subject For New Historical Fiction Novel
Historic have 293 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.