Buffalo-style is the classic, but to celebrate National Chicken Wing Day on Monday, you might want to try something a little more offbeat, like the Thai peanut wings at Balboa Pizza Company in Henderson.
The staff at Balboa, which opened with The District at Green Valley Ranch in 2004, learned all about wings in their birthplace of Buffalo, N.Y. They take their wings from 7-pound chickens, which means they tend to be larger and meatier than many. They soak them for 24 hours in a brine enhanced with chicken stock, then roast until done. When the wings are ordered, they’re flash-fried for crispness and served in the sauce of choice.
Balboa’s Buffalo wings are dressed in a house-made sauce made with butter and Frank’s RedHot, just like the Anchor Bar originals, and can be ordered mild, spicy or wild. “Gourmet” flavors include Thai chili, with the wings tossed in a peanut-soy sauce with Thai herbs and spices and fiery Thai peppers. Other flavors are teriyaki, Southern Fried, mango-habanero, lemon-pepper, Jamaican Jerk, Hawaiian barbecue, mesquite barbecue and whiskey barbecue. They’re $9.95 for six, $13.95 for 10 and $22.95 for 24.
- The Top 4 Places For Chicken Wings In Minneapolis
- Mystery as jewellery and a chicken wing are unearthed alongside skeletons of 50 ancient Britons at Roman cemetery
- Weight loss: I shed 9st on keto diet after binge-eating disorder left me gorging on pizzas and chicken wings every day
- National No Smoking Day 2016: Quitting for a year could earn you a new kitchen
- National No Smoking Day 2016: Man suffers SEVEN heart attacks and nearly loses leg after smoking from 14
- Jason Mewes Honors Jay & Silent Bob on National Cuddle Up Day
- 'Good Newwz' box office collection day 8: Kareena Kapoor Khan and Akshay Kumar's film mints approximately 8-8.25 crore nett on its second Friday
- Good Newwz Box Office Collection Day 11: Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor’s film is unstoppable
- 'Good Newwz' box office collections day 12: Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor stays steady on the second Tuesday; mints Rs.4.50 crore nett
- Warm Up on National Hot Toddy Day with Aberlour