Neuberger Berman portfolio manager Elias Cohen and Thiel fellow & tech adviser John Meyer discuss the recent market rally and the controversy surrounding Google over their work in China.
Continue Reading Below
Though the tech giant won’t be selling anything directly, it will offer recommendations to users based on their search history and will back certain items with a “Google guarantee” in case users want to return items, their orders are late or they’re having issues with refunds, according to the original announcement.
“For retailers and brands, it brings together ads, local and transactions in one place to help them connect with consumers at the right time,” the May announcement said.
Google is working to compete with Amazon not as a fellow retailer, but instead as a search engine for shopping, according to Forbes.
|COST||COSTCO WHOLESALE CORPORATION||280.71||-0.80||-0.28%|
The outlet reported that companies have been moving their ads to Amazon from Google because more shoppers are searching for products directly on Amazon instead of searching on Google first.
Customers who use the new shopping platform will be able to make purchases through Google or directly on the retailer’s website. There are also recommendations for where to purchase items in-store.
According to Forbes, many companies that have partnered with Google in the past are featured on the platform, including Walmart, Costco and Target.
- Google faces €3bn fine over shopping service
- Shocking new 'skull breaker challenge' trend on TikTok is leaving children seriously injured as doctors warn that it could be fatal
- Best TV streaming services including Amazon Prime Video and Netflix
- Walmart’s text message-based Jetblack shopping service shuts down
- Google New Zealand pilots Duplex to provide accurate retail hours
- Best smartphones for EE's new 5G service as network finally launches in UK
- UPSC Civil Services exam notification released; check eligibility, age, important dates here
- BPSC 65th Civil Services exam notification released, application for 434 vacancies begins on July 10, check full details here
- Why TikTok's new viral 'Skullbreaker' challenge is dangerous
- 'New Decade, New RCB': Royal Challengers Bangalore unveils new logo ahead of IPL 2020