WASHINGTON – Getting arrested didn’t made Rep. Chris Collins any poorer. In fact, the value of the millionaire lawmaker’s assets increased between 3.8% and 5.5% in 2018, the year he was charged with fraud, conspiracy and lying to an FBI officer in connection with an alleged insider stock trading scheme. He was worth somewhere between $40.4 million and $114.1 million at the end of last year, up from between $38.9 million and $108.1 million a year earlier. Meantime, his non-congressional income last year totaled between $2.4 million and $12.6 million – up by about half since 2017. Those are the key takeaways from the 2018 personal financial disclosure statement Collins filed with the Clerk of the House in May, which became publicly available late last month. The same documents show Western New York’s two other members of Congress are not doing nearly as well financially, and one remains one of the least-wealthy representatives. A close look at Collins’ last three such statements show that he took a big hit in 2017 when the stock price of Innate Immunotherapeutics – an Australian biotech firm the lawmaker touted to friends, family and staff – collapsed. But the year 2018 found him on… Read full this story
- 'I ride a wheelchair all day but I will ride you all night': Disabled teenager's VERY risque Tinder bio is REMOVED for 'sexual content' - but Twitter can't get enough of the cheeky pickup line
- Trump Could Be Impeached for Attacking Sessions on Twitter Over GOP Indictments, Toobin Says
- Richard Madeley turned down I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of here but WILL star in new series of The Circle
- Chris Brown Hosts Yard Sale At Tarzana Home, Posts Address Online
- What is Strictly Come Dancing's Chris Ramsey's net worth?
- ‘Super Physical’: Mayo Clinic Program Helps Patients Get Proactive About Health
- The party don't stop! Kesha launches a vegan beauty line in bizarre video that shows her smearing lipstick across her face while kissing a man - as she calls herself 'an aura in a skin suit'
- Why has Jason Gardiner quit Dancing on Ice and why is he feuding with Gemma Collins?
- Piers Morgan, Susannah Reid and Chris Evans lead the celeb arrivals at Chelsea Flower Show’s VIP Day
- Chris Cornell’s Voice Transcended Generations
Getting indicted hasn't hurt Rep. Chris Collins' bottom line have 373 words, post on buffalonews.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.