News / Business by Press Association 22/07/2019, 12:18 pm Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter BT has agreed a deal to move into a headquarters in the Aldgate area of London after the £210 million sale of its current base. The telecoms giant announced last week that it will sell its current headquarters in St Paul’s to private equity firm Orion Capital Managers for £209.6 million. Orion now owns the property, but the deal involved an initial 30-months leaseback, during which time BT will complete the move to the new site. BT will move to a new 320,000 square foot, 18-storey building near Aldgate East station currently called One Braham. The move comes as part of the group’s sweeping shake-up announced last month that will see 270 offices closed. Its consolidation plan – the biggest of its type in the UK – will see 300 offices reduced to 30 by 2023, although BT stressed that no jobs will be lost as a result of the move. The FTSE 100 giant said its previous offices were no longer fit-for-purpose and the new base will help to improve the environment for its staff. Philip Jansen, chief executive of… Read full this story
- Electric scooters you can use via app have arrived — and St. Paul isn’t pleased
- St. Paul needs both parks and jobs, city says, unveiling plans for Pedro land tangled in lawsuit
- St. Paul’s RiverCentre turns 20. How well do you know it?
- Grand openings, groundbreakings — so much on the move in St. Paul
- Should St. Paul put a cap on tobacco retailers? City Council is considering it
- St. Paul might ban pet stores from selling cats and dogs, to counter ‘mills’
- Rock slide may complicate, but not cancel St. Paul’s Cinco de Mayo
- With rule changes for St. Paul’s historic homes on hold, the way forward unclear for Summit Hill property owners
- St. Paul panel wants preservation of Como church building that charter school wants to raze
- Reborn version of St. Paul's first brewery opening in former Strip Club restaurant
BT to move to new Aldgate site after £210m sale of St Paul’s HQ have 341 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at July 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.