Aya Batrawy and Amir Vahdat Associated Press Published 7:49 AM EDT Jul 11, 2019 Dubai, United Arab Emirates – The British navy said it prevented three Iranian paramilitary vessels from impeding the passage of a British oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz early Thursday, a day after Iran’s president warned of repercussions for the seizure of its own supertanker. Iran’s Revolutionary Guard denied the allegations, saying if it had received orders to seize any ships it would have done so immediately. The incident came at a time of heightened tensions over Iran’s unraveling nuclear agreement with world powers. Iran recently began breaching uranium enrichment limits in response to the Trump administration’s withdrawal from the agreement last year and its imposition of sweeping sanctions. In recent months, the U.S. has dispatched thousands of additional troops, an aircraft carrier, bombers and advanced fighter jets to the region. Washington has blamed Iran for a series of mysterious attacks on oil tankers – charges denied by Tehran – and said it shot down an American drone in international airspace. Iran said it downed the drone after it veered into its own airspace. The U.K. government said in a statement that British navy vessel… Read full this story
- Whistleblower says White House tried to cover up Trump's abuse of power
- Strait of Hormuz: Iranian boats 'tried to intercept British tanker'
- White House Officials Tried Blocking Trump From Meeting Hungary's Far-right Prime Minister Because They Feared Pair Would Get Along Too Well: Report
- Taylor Swift says she's being blocked from singing her songs at American Music Awards
- Jennifer Aniston says Harvey Weinstein tried to 'bully' her into wearing his wife's brand Marchesa
- IRGC Chief Salami Says Iranian Missiles Leave No Safe Spot for Enemy’s Aircraft Carriers
- British foreign secretary says he wouldn't block extradition of Julian Assange
- Dwyane Wade Says He's Trying to Do a Movie with Gabby Union!
- Aaron Carter's Ex-GF Says Family is Trying to Save Him from Himself
- UN envoy says Egypt, UN trying to prevent "war" around Gaza
Britain says Iranian vessels tried to block tanker in Gulf have 342 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.