Justin Bour, Jose Rojas and Nick Franklin drove in two runs apiece to back a solid start by right-hander Parker Bridwell as the Salt Lake Bees notched an 8-1 Pacific Coast League victory Sunday over the Aviators at Smith’s Ballpark in Salt Lake City.
Bour hit a two-run homer in the first off starter Paul Blackburn (7-3) and Rojas had run-scoring doubles in the second and seventh innings.
Franklin drove in a run in the second on a groundout and another in the eighth on a single.
Rojas was 3-for-3 for Salt Lake (43-58).
Bridwell (5-4) worked 5⅔ innings, allowing six hits and one run — Dustin Fowler’s 19th homer in the first.
Fowler had two hits for the Aviators (58-43), who took two of three against Salt Lake and open a three-game series against El Paso, the Pacific Southern Division leader, starting Tuesday at Las Vegas Ballpark.
- Rare salt formations appear along the Great Salt Lake
- Bus attack video released in hunt for assailant in Las Vegas
- Wrong-way driver killed in Las Vegas crash under influence
- Aptiv's self-driving BMWs can now take people to and from the Las Vegas airport
- EXCLUSIVE: K-pop super fan MARRIES a cardboard cutout of his singing idol in a bizarre ceremony in Las Vegas - after spending $165,000 on surgery to look just like the star
- Las Vegas prevented a major cyberattack on the city this week
- Raiders head to uncertain offseason before move to Las Vegas
- Salt Lake City among 3 cities interested in Winter Olympic bids
- The Salt Lake Tribune's switch to nonprofit status may inspire other newspapers to do the same
- Prom with the Raiders? A glimpse into Las Vegas stadium’s Chardonnay Chasm