“Boxing contingents from several countries, including India, Australia, Ukraine, Vietnam, Korea, and the United States, have arrived in Labuan Bajo today,” Chief of the Public Relations and Protocol Affairs of the West Manggarai District Secretariat Paulus Jeramun remarked in a press statement released on Saturday.
Chief of the International Amateur Boxing Tournament Adjunct Senior Commissioner Julisa Kusumowardono, who is also chief of the West Manggarai Police Resort, greeted the boxing contingents upon arrival at Komodo Airport on Saturday, he remarked.
Boxers from 31 nations are expected to compete in the tournament to be held at Gorontalo Square, Pede Coast, Labuan Bajo, on July 22-28, he stated.
Earlier, Kusumowardono remarked that various steps were taken to expedite preparations for the tournament.
“Equipment, including boxing rings, venues and training grounds and their accessories, used to support the international boxing contest have arrived in Labuan Baju and have been fitted,” he stated.
He praised various parties for their support to make preparations for the international event.
The event’s organizing committee has begun selling tickets for the event. The tickets are sold at Cafe Kopi Mane, Integrated Zone of Marina Port, Cafe Labajo, Zasgo Mart, and Komodo Airport at Rp20 thousand, Rp50 thousand up to Rp100 thousand per person.
- ABAP prepares boxing contingent for Asian Games
- ‘Basketball imperialism’ and the country’s Olympic bid
- BOC still observes old system of checking balikbayan boxes
- Visiting Labuan: Malaysia’s Duty Free Island (Part 3 of 4)
- Malaysians In KL, Putrajaya, And Labuan Can Enjoy Up To 70% Discount With This Card!
- Clinic At The Labuan UTC Refused To Admit A Baby Because It Was Closing Time
- Black box found at Air Algerie wreckage site
- Bajo de Masinloc and perspectives from the ground
- PCG sends 2 ships to Bajo de Masinloc
- 498-strong PH contingent off to 29th SEA Games