The U.S. Department of the Interior made it official Tuesday — it plans to move the headquarters of its Bureau of Land Management to Grand Junction — but that means only about 85 extra BLM employees in Colorado.Grand Junction could gain as few as 27 jobs — the BLM director, deputy director of operations, assistant directors “and a few selected members of their staffs,” according to a letter Tuesday from BLM Assistant Secretary Joseph R. Balash.The letter — released Tuesday by U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado — was addressed to Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, who chairs the Senate Appropriations subcommittee on Interior and the environment.The move requires congressional approval, and the Democrat-led House is expected to be a tougher sell than the Senate, with its GOP majority. Don’t count Hick out just yet | Lynn BartelsThe move, therefore, might depend on President Donald Trump winning a second term, while Republicans retake the House and maintain its majority in the Senate.Gardner, a strong advocate for the BLM move, is a prime target for Democrats, a Republican leader who represents a state where Trump lost in 2016 and remains unpopular here.Of the 85 positions proposed to be relocated to Colorado, 54 would be divided between the state’s existing… Read full this story
- Top Workers Compensation Audit Mistakes That Could Cost You Thousands
- Employee Leasing Services Add Welcome Relief For Disaster Recovery Contractors
- CEO: Colorado Springs-based FoodMaven hopes to expand to Dallas by year's end
- Gazette Preps fall leaders: Colorado Springs Christian School duo Charlie Tidwell, Kiersten Brock lead area in kills, assists
- The Top 5 Attractions and Activities in Denver Colorado
- How to Find Good Denver Colorado Real Estate
- The Need-to-Knows of Workers Compensation
- Capitol Hill - Denver, Colorado
- How Can Workers Set Themselves Apart in This New Era of Layoffs?
- Tutorial on Workers' Compensation
BLM headquarters move to Colorado would add about 85 workers have 307 words, post on gazette.com at July 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.