AWC allots B40bn for 13-hotel scheme Fund of B10bn to finance development Mrs Wallapa and Mr Vanden Auweele describe the developer’s plans for hotels in four segments. Asset World Corporation (AWC), a property developer owned by Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi’s TCC Group, has set aside a budget of 40 billion baht to develop 13 hotels in three years.The company also earmarked an annual fund of 10 billion baht to finance development of new properties, said Wallapa Traisorat, chief executive and president of AWC. The 13 properties fall into four main categories — hotels for Mice (meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions), city hotels, luxury hotels and leisure, said Mrs Wallapa. Among them, two properties are designated as hotels for Mice. They include Asiatique The Riverfront, with 800 rooms, and planned lodging in Pattaya. The company plans to combine two hotel brands in Pattaya, with a combined 1,298 rooms, and rename them under one brand that has not yet been disclosed. Both of the Mice hotels are mixed-use properties that feature malls and tourist attractions. Business travellers are one of the most important segments and are considered premium guests, contributing 52% of the company’s revenue last year. This segment is followed by leisure (20.5%),… Read full this story
- Urban job guarantee scheme facing hiccups in corporation area
- 10 of the best boutique hotels on Paris's Left Bank
- More than 1,000 of London's homeless off the streets to self-isolate in hotels or safe locations during lockdown
- Temporary layoff schemes no cure-all in slow COVID recovery
- RPT-Temporary layoff schemes no cure-all in slow COVID recovery
- Tourism ministry extends validity period of approval/classification of hotels, accommodation units till June 30
- Indians gained big from global tariff cut in star hotels: Survey
- Alyssa Milano tells Donald Trump to convert his New York hotels to hospitals for COVID-19 relief: 'We need beds. He's got 'em'
- Coronavirus: 'No rule book' for dealing with Kiwis in quarantine hotels
- California’s Historic Homeless Hotel Quarantine Shows Progress, Need for More Rooms
AWC allots B40bn for 13-hotel scheme have 329 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at July 31, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.