Thank God for technology. How else would we know what Gordon Ramsay would look like at 92? Or the Jonas Brothers as septuagenarian has-been heartthrobs. Or Ludacris, still furious but somewhat less fast a few decades down the line. FaceApp, a nifty download that can age you decades with a single snapshot, is filling the Web with geriatrics — and raising as many eyebrows as it has grayed. The product had a flare of popularity that petered out two years ago amid criticism that its “ethnicity filters” were a form of digital blackface. This time the concern is about privacy. Americans may have finally realized that something is rotten on the internet. But do they understand what that something is? related The criticism of FaceApp is, essentially, that it’s an app. It offers you something fun, but it takes something in return: in this case, your personal information, and lots of it. That includes irrevocable and royalty-free rights to the pictures you upload, which according to FaceApp’s terms of service, it can repurpose for pretty much whatever it wants. You also agree to surrender classic tracking data such as IP address and websites visited.All this makes FaceApp pretty much… Read full this story
- What Does the “Greatest Weakness” Question Really Tell You?
- Can your sundial really tell the time?
- NBC reporters tell bosses 'we deserve answers' as they vent fury at executive over how network handled allegation Matt Lauer raped junior producer in his hotel room during 2014 Olympics
- Top 7 Reasons to Review your Web Traffic Analysis
- How to Analysis Your Web Traffic For FREE For Maximum Profits
- Site Statistics - What they should be telling you and probably aren't
- Take the Guesswork out of Web Site Analysis
- ‘It’s not okay to keep telling the same stories’
- Make Your Readers And Customers Love You - Tell Them How-To Do It!
- Electronic Products That Tell You Where To Go And When
Analysis: What the FaceApp freak-out really tells us have 329 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.