Who’s ready for the weekend?
The popular Fishtown FestivAle and the weird-but-wonderful West Philly Porchfest are this Saturday. Then on Sunday, it’s the annual Pride Parade and Festival.
Piazza Pod Park is also opening (Hi, Bebot!), Black Restaurant Week is back and the Philadelphia Orchestra is putting on a free show.
Check out our picks for things to do this weekend below.
The neighborhood’s largest festival is Saturday. More than 30 food and drink vendors will line Frankford Avenue, offering beer, tacos, ice cream sandwiches and more. There will be DJs and craft vendors to shop, too.
Sunday is the 31st Pride Parade and Festival in Philadelphia. The parade will start in the Gayborhood and travel to Penn’s Landing, where the festival is held each year.
Hang out in West Philly on Saturday to catch a ton of free concerts, live from people’s porches. The quirky event starts at noon and goes until 6 p.m.
Piazza Pod Park opens Saturday. You can hang out at the outdoor dining destination from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. To celebrate the grand opening, there will be a DJ, kids activities, food samples and more.
Members of the Philadelphia Orchestra will perform a free concert in the waterfront park on Sunday. The show will begin at 3 p.m.
Saturday evening, top brigades and string bands will perform in North Wildwood. If you’re at the the Shore this weekend, stop by to see the free show.
The three-day immersive beauty experience will take place at The Fillmore in Fishtown this weekend. Some of the top beauty brands from QVC will be represented.
Black Restaurant Week starts on Sunday, so make plans to dine out. During its two-week run in Philly, Black Restaurant Week is partnering with black-owned restaurants to offer delicious prix fixe menus.
Saturday is National Rosé Day. Spend the day in Fork’s new rose garden sipping on the pink wine. The flower-filled space makes its debut this weekend.
BONUS: If you like pink wine, how about trying blue or orange wine? Jet Wine Bar’s rainbow flights are back this weekend to celebrate Pride.
- Bryce Harper Reminding Everyone Why Phillies Were Right To Sign Him To $330 Million Contract
- Front Office Reveals Gabe Kapler Is No Longer Phillies’ Manager Because ‘September Baseball Matters’
- Philly-Based Apparel Startup Wants To Change Way Organizations Promote Themselves By Using Less Clothing
- Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Jen Harley enjoy romantic waterfront embrace on summer weekend
- June 12 coalition harps on restructuring
- Gwyneth Paltrow strips to bikini for 'hen weekend' with BFFs Cameron Diaz and Stella McCartney... as the girls sip rosé at $7k a night luxury Mexico resort
- London events this weekend: From ice skating to sustainable fashion and Christmas movies
- New NYC Food & Drink Events To Check Out This Weekend
- George and Amal Clooney spend the Easter weekend getting to know their Irish relatives at a family reunion at a five-star country hotel
- New Details Emerge After Mama June's Arrest for Drug Possession
- Valerie June: Memphis’ Messenger of Love-Born Blues
- Branded Bikes in India — Top Things to Know Before Buying a Bike
- Takeaway addict June Adams drops 6.5 stone after seeing mortifying spa snap in which she claimed to resemble Shrek’s Princess Fiona
- 7 best things to do including L.A. Opera’s animated ‘Magic Flute’
- What to wear this weekend: FEMAIL picks out fashionable natty knits for embracing the seasonal trend
- From Lady Gaga and June Brown to Helen Mirren and Russell Brand, we reveal the most unlikely celebrity friendships
- There’s a glow and there’s snow at Southern California weekend events
- Runaway June Share What They Learned From Carrie Underwood on Cry Pretty Tour 360
- Weird thing this fake billionaire is more worried about than her jail time
- 10 Natural Things To Add To Bath Water
Things to do in Philly this weekend, June 8-9 have 640 words, post on www.phillyvoice.com at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.