Who’s ready for the weekend?
The popular Fishtown FestivAle and the weird-but-wonderful West Philly Porchfest are this Saturday. Then on Sunday, it’s the annual Pride Parade and Festival.
Piazza Pod Park is also opening (Hi, Bebot!), Black Restaurant Week is back and the Philadelphia Orchestra is putting on a free show.
Check out our picks for things to do this weekend below.
The neighborhood’s largest festival is Saturday. More than 30 food and drink vendors will line Frankford Avenue, offering beer, tacos, ice cream sandwiches and more. There will be DJs and craft vendors to shop, too.
Sunday is the 31st Pride Parade and Festival in Philadelphia. The parade will start in the Gayborhood and travel to Penn’s Landing, where the festival is held each year.
Hang out in West Philly on Saturday to catch a ton of free concerts, live from people’s porches. The quirky event starts at noon and goes until 6 p.m.
Piazza Pod Park opens Saturday. You can hang out at the outdoor dining destination from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. To celebrate the grand opening, there will be a DJ, kids activities, food samples and more.
Members of the Philadelphia Orchestra will perform a free concert in the waterfront park on Sunday. The show will begin at 3 p.m.
Saturday evening, top brigades and string bands will perform in North Wildwood. If you’re at the the Shore this weekend, stop by to see the free show.
The three-day immersive beauty experience will take place at The Fillmore in Fishtown this weekend. Some of the top beauty brands from QVC will be represented.
Black Restaurant Week starts on Sunday, so make plans to dine out. During its two-week run in Philly, Black Restaurant Week is partnering with black-owned restaurants to offer delicious prix fixe menus.
Saturday is National Rosé Day. Spend the day in Fork’s new rose garden sipping on the pink wine. The flower-filled space makes its debut this weekend.
BONUS: If you like pink wine, how about trying blue or orange wine? Jet Wine Bar’s rainbow flights are back this weekend to celebrate Pride.
- This Costco Packable Coat (That Kept Me Warm in Switzerland) Is the Best Thing I Bought This Decade
- Three things we learned on Thursday: Cavaliers land Korver, here’s how he makes them better
- The Newest Members-Only Social Club Is in … Philly?
- Mama June Possibly Facing Prison Time for Crack Cocaine Arrest
- Mama June's Relationship in Jeopardy When Her Surprise Wedding for Boyfriend Geno Goes Awry
- 5 things to know for December 27: Military drills; Kazakhstan; Hawaii; hate crimes; avalanche
- Mama June's Concerning Hotel Incident Has Fans Reeling
- Ski June Mountain, Swim in Palm Springs, and more cool California winter getaways
- Bigg Boss 13 Weekend Ka Vaar written update day 84: Sidharth Shukla believes housemates are jealous of Shehnaaz as she is popular outside
- Watch Mama June Break Down After Learning If She's Blind
- This weekend's FA Cup matches will be delayed by a minute so fans can CHAT to each other before kick-off to support Prince William-backed mental health campaign
- Mama June Attempts to Marry at Daughter's Wedding Reception
- Mama June Hospitalized After Losing Sight in Both Eyes on 'From Not to Hot'
- 5 things to know for December 30: Religious attacks, airstrikes, plane crashes, Australia fires
- St Helens ace Jon Wilkin reveals coaching ambitions ahead of Magic Weekend clash with Warrington
- Atiku, others’ tweet on June 12
- Mama June Opens up About Her Relationship With Geno After 'From Not to Hot' Ultimatum
- 'Mama June' Shannon Celebrates Pumpkin's Birthday With Heartfelt Photo of Daughter and Granddaughter
- Mama June Lashes out at Family Intervention Following Crack Cocaine Arrest
- Mama June Hospitalized Amid 'Drug Binge,' Intervention
Things to do in Philly this weekend, June 8-9 have 623 words, post on www.phillyvoice.com at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.