Who’s ready for the weekend?
The popular Fishtown FestivAle and the weird-but-wonderful West Philly Porchfest are this Saturday. Then on Sunday, it’s the annual Pride Parade and Festival.
Piazza Pod Park is also opening (Hi, Bebot!), Black Restaurant Week is back and the Philadelphia Orchestra is putting on a free show.
Check out our picks for things to do this weekend below.
The neighborhood’s largest festival is Saturday. More than 30 food and drink vendors will line Frankford Avenue, offering beer, tacos, ice cream sandwiches and more. There will be DJs and craft vendors to shop, too.
Sunday is the 31st Pride Parade and Festival in Philadelphia. The parade will start in the Gayborhood and travel to Penn’s Landing, where the festival is held each year.
Hang out in West Philly on Saturday to catch a ton of free concerts, live from people’s porches. The quirky event starts at noon and goes until 6 p.m.
Piazza Pod Park opens Saturday. You can hang out at the outdoor dining destination from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. To celebrate the grand opening, there will be a DJ, kids activities, food samples and more.
Members of the Philadelphia Orchestra will perform a free concert in the waterfront park on Sunday. The show will begin at 3 p.m.
Saturday evening, top brigades and string bands will perform in North Wildwood. If you’re at the the Shore this weekend, stop by to see the free show.
The three-day immersive beauty experience will take place at The Fillmore in Fishtown this weekend. Some of the top beauty brands from QVC will be represented.
Black Restaurant Week starts on Sunday, so make plans to dine out. During its two-week run in Philly, Black Restaurant Week is partnering with black-owned restaurants to offer delicious prix fixe menus.
Saturday is National Rosé Day. Spend the day in Fork’s new rose garden sipping on the pink wine. The flower-filled space makes its debut this weekend.
BONUS: If you like pink wine, how about trying blue or orange wine? Jet Wine Bar’s rainbow flights are back this weekend to celebrate Pride.
- Report: Philadelphia Phillies Outfielder Andrew McCutchen Won’t Be Ready For Opening Day
- Philadelphia Phillies To Commemorate 1980 World Series Championship With Fan Giveaways
- With 3 Homers In 2 Days, Bryce Harper Already In Midseason Form For Phillies
- In Philly suburbs, learning to co-exist with the coronavirus
- 11 things that scream 'I live in the Bay Area and work in tech'
- Mass gatherings WILL be banned from next weekend in dramatic government U-turn: Boris Johnson rushes through emergency action as coronavirus crisis escalates with Glastonbury, Chelsea Flower Show, Wimbledon and Grand National under threat - but schools wil
- 'Stranger Things' Season 3 May Be Netflix's Most Successful Release Ever
- Why you need to try 'zero-spend' weekends: Mum of two, 30, who saved $30,000 in just 12 MONTHS reveals the simple tricks that will help you boost your bank balance in weeks
- Weekend warriors: adventure beckons in the Brecon Beacons
- Social distancing doesn't have to doom your weekends. We have ideas
- Adelaide Festival and Fringe dodge virus bullet for final weekend
- A viewer’s guide to IndyCar in 2020: Five things to watch this season
- Mama June’s daughter Anna Cardwell debuts new boyfriend after divorce and $120K plastic surgery makeover
- My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising's Opening Weekend Wows at U.S. Box Office
- 8 best things to do in L.A. and O.C.: American Ballet Theatre, Power to the People
- Dancing On Ice's Joe Swash jokes the 'last thing' he wants to see is Stacey Solomon 'naked' as he hints sex life has been put on ice amid gruelling training
- These snow leopards cuddling together may force you to rethink your weekend plans
- 5 things to know for March 6: 2020 Dems, Coronavirus, Mueller, Syria, Afghanistan
- CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews the weekend's TV: A detective's sidekick who isn't stupid? Now that is a clever twist
- 'Swamp Thing' Adds 'Sharknado' Star Ian Ziering as Blue Devil
Things to do in Philly this weekend, June 8-9 have 665 words, post on www.phillyvoice.com at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.