STOCKHOLM: An area round a police station in the southern Swedish town of Linkoping was sealed off on Wednesday morning due to a potentially dangerous package-like object, police said, days after an explosion rocked a street there.Police said a bomb squad would examine the object, but a spokesman said there was nothing to indicate links between the incidents nor any threats related to Wednesday’s object.On Friday, an explosion on a residential street in Linkoping damaged several buildings and slightly injured around 20 people.There have been several cases in recent years of explosives used in suspected gang-related attacks, and police are investigating whether Friday’s blast was connected to local criminal groups.The area sealed off in Linkoping includes a district court and the Swedish National Forensic Centre.
- Police budget cuts to hit poorest areas hardest
- Off-Duty Pittsburgh Police Officer Arrested In Hit And Run
- Atom splitting in my kitchen was a hobby, man tells Swedish police
- 'Why?' Residents of German town hit by carnival rampage want answers
- Newtown shooting: a quiet town hit by an attack of unimaginable brutality
- Police Seek Tips On Hit-And-Run Driver Who Struck, Killed Woman
- Swedish Populist Leader Reported to Police for Handing Out ‘Sweden Is Full’ Flyers
- Citizenship Amendment Act: 'Mumbai Bagh' protesters allege manhandling by police
- Former Oakland Police Chief Renews Criticism Of Federal Monitor
- Is Erin and Ben Napier's 'Home Town' Renovation in Laurel a Smart Investment?
Swedish police find suspicious object in town hit by blast have 241 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.