U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter, center, leaves an arraignment hearing as a protester carries a sign, left, Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018, in San Diego. Hunter and his wife Margaret pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges they illegally used his campaign account for personal expenses. (AP Photo/Denis Poroy) LOS ANGELES — Federal prosecutors say U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter of California illegally used campaign funds to finance romantic flings with a series of women, spending thousands of dollars on meals, drinks and vacations. Allegations about the married Republican congressman’s affairs were outlined in a government court filing late Monday connected to charges he and his wife misspent more than $200,000 on trips and personal expenses. Margaret Hunter pleaded guilty this month to one corruption count and agreed to testify against her husband. Prosecutors say the evidence about the congressman’s affairs is necessary to “demonstrate Hunter’s … intent to break the law and to establish his motive to embezzle from his campaign.” Duncan Hunter has said prosecutors have targeted him for political reasons. His lawyer didn’t immediately respond to a message seeking comment.
- GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter To Resign From Congress After Pleading Guilty To Misusing Campaign Funds
- Rep. Duncan Hunter plans to resign next week
- Rep. Duncan Hunter submits his resignation from Congress
- Rep. Duncan Hunter’s seat in Congress will sit vacant, as governor says no to special election
- Rep. Duncan Hunter To Resign From Congress January 13
- Rep. Duncan Hunter's opponent: Hunter lost his way in DC
- No Special Election To Replace Temecula's Rep. Duncan Hunter
- Duncan Hunter Announces He Will Resign from Congress
- Congressman Duncan Hunter makes his resignation official
- Duncan Hunter will probably get his congressional pension despite guilty plea
Prosecutors: Rep. Duncan Hunter used campaign cash for affairs have 286 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at June 25, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.