Land Rover has launched a new entry-level Discovery model to their lineup. The new entry-level Land Rover Discovery is now priced at Rs 75.18 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new Discovery SUV is now offered with a small 2.0-litre diesel engine, available on all four of its trims in the Indian market.
The new 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel unit from JLR (Jaguar Land Rover) to feature a series sequential turbo-technology. This new technology help produce more power output from the same engine. The 2.0-litre diesel engine on the Land Rover Discovery churns out 240bhp and 500Nm of torque; mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, JLR India, stated,
“The Discovery’s unmatched capability and versatility has now been enhanced with the introduction of the high powered Ingenium diesel variant at an attractive price that we believe will enable the Discovery to appeal to a wider customer base.”
The new base variant of the Land Rover Discovery is almost Rs 1.74 lakh more affordable than the 3.0-litre variant. The Land Rover Discovery 3.0-litre is available at a price of Rs 76.94 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Similar to the old trims, the new 2.0-litre diesel engine on the Discovery is available in all four variants, this includes: S, SE, HSE and HSE Luxury.
Apart from the addition of the smaller displacement engine, the Land Rover Discovery remains unchanged. It continues to feature the same equipments, features and technology as the other models.
These features include four-zone climate control, powered third row seats, 360-degree surround camera, adaptive cruise control, protect & remote, intelligent seat fold, electrically reclining seats and a host of others.
Being a Land Rover, the Discovery is also an extremely capable off-roader as well. The Land Rover Discovery comes with a best-in-class approach angle of 34-degrees and a departure angle of 27.5-degree. It also offers 900mm water wading capabilities while also having a maximum towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Discovery With The New 2.0-Litre Engine
The Land Rover Discovery is offered in both a five and seven-seater configuration in the Indian market. It offers extreme off-roading capabilities and an equally impressive drive and handling characteristics on the tarmac. The Land Rover Discovery rivals the likes of the Mercedes-benz GLE, Audi Q7 and the BMW X5 in the Indian market.
- Tata Motors launches limited edition trim of Tiago priced at Rs 5.79 lakh
- New Tata Safari Unveiled Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 2021 Mahindra XUV300 Petrol AutoSHIFT Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 9.95 Lakh
- Benelli TRK 502 BS6 (2021) Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4.79 Lakh
- 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.95 Lakh
- New Tata Tiago Limited Edition Version Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.79 Lakh
- TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In Delhi: Priced At Rs 1.08 Lakh (On-Road)
- 2021 Benelli Imperiale 400 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.89 Lakh
- Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Launched In Forest Green Colour Scheme: Priced At Rs 1.33 Lakh
- BMW drives in X3 M SAV priced at Rs 99.9 lakh
- Average spot power price up 11 pc at Rs 3.18/unit in January on IEX
New Entry-Level Land Rover Discovery Launched At Rs 75.18 Lakh — Offered With A 2.0-Litre Engine have 695 words, post on www.drivespark.com at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.