NBA Draft is not an exact scienceNBA teams spend millions of dollars on scouts, coaches and trainers. They travel to watch college games and even outside the country—it used to be just Europe but it’s all the continents now, even Asia and Africa to search for the best basketball talent in the world. They search for prospects as early as high school, or in Europe, sixteen-year old pros like Tony Parker. The work is tedious and extensive. And yet, sometimes, they still don’t get it right. No. 1 picksWilliamson is one of the draft choices that few critics predict would go wrong, even though there would always be the question of how his college bully-ball game would translate to the pros. He will also have the burden of an entire city on his shoulders. He is used to the hype, but at Duke, he was part of a stellar draft class that rivals the Fab Five. The Pelicans will be his solo show. Even with the entire draft class at their disposal, some NBA teams blew their No.1 pick. Most recent example would be Anthony Bennett of 2013. He’s no longer in the NBA and it’s not because of an… Read full this story
- Michigan’s Matthews forgoing NBA draft, staying in school
- Michigan’s Matthews enters NBA draft without hiring agent
- 2018 NBA Draft Second Round Steals
- 2018 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Marvin Bagley III is tweener of modern NBA
- 2019 NBA Draft Grades: Pick-by-pick evaluations for every first- and second-round selection
- College Basketball Analyst Says James Wiseman's Decision to Forego Season and Enter NBA Draft Is 'A Huge Red Flag for NCAA'
- 2020 NBA Draft: James Wiseman's stock won't change by leaving Memphis, but that's not necessarily a good thing
- 2019 NBA Draft trade tracker: Hawks, Pelicans among most active teams; Sixers, Celtics swap first-rounders
- 2019 NBA Draft: By adding De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish, rebuilding Hawks take page from Warriors' winning playbook
- 2019 NBA Draft: Pelicans trade No. 4 pick to Hawks in exchange for Nos. 8, 17 and 35 picks, per report
NBA Draft is not an exact science have 348 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.