North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s fifth meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping continues his ambitious diplomatic outreach that has included summits with the leaders of the United States, South Korea and Russia in the past year and a half. Experts say Kim is attempting to form a united front with North Korea’s main ally China to strengthen his leverage in the stalled nuclear negotiations with the United States. Some key developments in Kim’s diplomacy: ___ Jan. 1, 2018: Kim in his annual New Year’s address calls for improved relations with South Korea and offers to send a delegation to the Winter Olympics. February 2018: Hundreds of North Koreans attend the Pyeongchang Games, including Kim’s sister, who conveys her brother’s desire for a summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in. March 7, 2018: A South Korean envoy returns from visiting Pyongyang and says Kim is willing to discuss his nuclear arsenal with Washington. Days later, President Donald Trump accepts Kim’s invitation to meet. March 27, 2018: Kim makes a surprise visit to Beijing to meet with Xi. April 21, 2018: North Korea says it has suspended nuclear and long-range missile tests and is shifting its focus to improving its economy…. Read full this story
- Does North Korea have internet and smartphones? An inside look at the wacky tech in Kim Jong-un’s hermit kingdom
- President Trump meets North Korea's Kim Jong Un in Vietnam for second nuclear summit
- Donald Trump says 'I don't blame Kim Jong-un' for wanting 'nothing to do with John Bolton' as he unloads on fired 'tough guy' national security adviser after getting rid of him because he believed he was leaking
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-Un and Dennis Rodman join forces in Glorious Leader!
- Apple Reverses Rejection of Kim Jong-Un Parody Game
- President Trump meets with Kim Jong Un in Demilitarized Zone
- Kaz Hirai doesn't want anyone outside the U.S. to see this Kim Jong-un death scene
- Kim Jong-un Goes Contra, Rides Unicorns in Glorious Leader
- Kim Jong-il axed from Homefront in Japan
- Trump and N.Korea's Kim to meet again at the end of February
N. Korean leader Kim Jong Un's months of ambitious summitry have 352 words, post on www.startribune.com at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.