Susan Selasky Detroit Free Press
Published 7:00 AM EDT Jun 28, 2019
A new ranking of the best pizza places in North America is out and three metro area places made the list. The 50 Top Pizza awards included beloved local chain Buddy’s Pizza, plus Cloverleaf Pizza and Grandma Bob’s.
Buddy’s, known for its Detroit-style pizza with a crispy, caramelized crust, ranked at No. 16 on the list.
Coming in at No. 23 on the list was Cloverleaf in Eastpointe, with several locations, Cloverleaf bills itself as offering the original Detroit-style square pizza.
Grandma Bob’s ranked No. 45 on the list. The new pizza eatery in Corktown is where you will find coney pizza and a taco pizza on the menu.
Razza Pizza Artigianale in New Jersey took the No. 1 spot as the best pizzeria in North America.
The North American panel for the international organization was coordinated by New York’s James Beard Foundation.
You’ll find a list of all the top 50 rankings at https://www.50toppizza.it/en/50-top-northern-america-2019/.
More: Detroit Optimist Society brings coney pizzas to Corktown at Grandma Bob’s
More: Top 5 burgers to try in metro Detroit this summer
More: Ann Arbor’s Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Get a free steak if your name is Chris, Christina
Contact Susan Selasky: 313-222-6872 or [email protected], Follow @SusanMariecooks on Twitter.
- List Of 101 Top Pizza Places Includes One Seattle Spot
- The Most Popular Running Routes in the 20 Biggest U.S. Metro Areas
- The 50 best college majors for finding the highest-paying jobs after graduation
- Cahokia: North America's First City
- New Sharp Zaurus Available In North America
- Microsoft's Lync surging as PBX choice in North America
- North America Gets Nintendo DS Browser
- Bravely Second: End Layer Coming to North America April 15
- Superfast ADSL planned for metro areas
- 1.7-Billion-Year-Old Chunk of North America Found Sticking to Australia