It’s hard to find a good mentor. advertisement advertisement And most people don’t make it any easier on themselves. If you ask them who they want for a mentor, they’ll throw out the names of world-famous entrepreneurs or business people like Gary V., Oprah, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, and more. You may really want Musk as your mentor—but so does everybody else. And the reality is, those “top-of-the-mountain” individuals might not be the best mentors for you anyway. They could open doors, sure. But they probably don’t have much time available to sit down with you to help guide your career and give you sage advice. Fortunately, if you’re having trouble finding a mentor, there’s another option right under your nose—”frientors.” A frientor is a knowledgeable friend that you can call upon for advice on a specific situation. And when you have a question or need help with a project, you know you can turn to them. It’s a more reciprocal dynamic than the traditional mentor-mentee relationship, and the best part is, there’s no limit to the number of frientors you can cultivate over a lifetime. Having a mentor can be great for some people. But for many, having a wide network… Read full this story
- Taking a Look at Environmentally Friendly Binding Supplies
- Can Married Women Have Male Friends?
- Friends stars are earning £16.1 million a year off the repeats
- When Friends Are Hurting Your Business
- A Story about Best Friend
- Friends: The show that changed our idea of family
- Ian Somerhalder's wife Nikki Reed and ex-girlfriend Nina Dobrev look fab in floral at EMA Honors
- Can You Be Friends With An Ex Boyfriend - The Truth
- Sofia Richie looks low key in blue sweater and leggings as she's spotted out for lunch with friends in Malibu
- Paul Rudd reveals he ran over Jennifer Aniston's FOOT on a Segway while filming his first episode of Friends
Looking for a mentor? Find yourself a “frientor”: a friend-mentor have 330 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.