Jun 20, 1:03 PM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Business By Rick Munarriz 06/20/19 AT 12:57 PM The next huge Disney (NYSE:DIS) movie is about to hit a multiplex near you. Toy Story 4 makes its highly anticipated debut tonight, and the latest installment in the franchise that put Pixar on the map is going to be popular. Each Toy Story film has topped its predecessor, with Toys Story 3 cracking $415 million in ticket sales in 2010 to become the third-highest grossing animated film at the time.There is no reason why Toy Story 4 shouldn’t topple those numbers. It will open in more movie theaters than any previous Disney animated feature, and ticket prices inch higher with every passing year. Initial reviews have been glowing, just as they were for the three earlier movies. Disney also has also more riding on the franchise at its theme parks than it did last time out. In short, the stakes are high when the toys are back in town.To infinity and beyondIt’s been 24 years since Pixar’s original Toy Story ushered in the era of feature-length computer-animated features, and Disney’s $7.4 billion deal to acquire Pixar in 2006 cemented the franchise’s fate squarely in the hands of the media giant. Pixar on its own… Read full this story
- Disney World just revealed more details about its upcoming Toy Story Land - and your kids will love it
- There's something creepy about Andy in Toy Story - and most fans didn't even notice
- Disney World just gave fans another glimpse inside its upcoming Toy Story Land - and it looks incredible
- Disney has revealed more details of its new Toy Story Land – and it’s guaranteed to make you feel small
- Undiz is selling £10 Disney underwear range including Toy Story pants… but would you wear them?
- Toy Story director John Lasseter taking leave of absence from Pixar after 'unwanted hugs'
- Allen & Hanks fought for Toy Story 2
- There’s something weird about Andy from Toy Story that you have probably never noticed
- Toy story: Bride celebrates wedding with six-foot replicas of retro toys from her childhood
- Rogue trader caught selling fake Buzz Lightyear dolls with logo for the non-existent Toy Story 4
Disney Investors Have A Friend In 'Toy Story 4' have 370 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at June 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.