PUBLISHED: 14:56 11 June 2019 | UPDATED: 14:56 11 June 2019 Sarah Chambers East Anglian gin firms are looking to cash in on a buoyant export market Archant An analysis of tax data by the Department for International Trade reveals that exports of gin in the first quarter of 2019 were the strongest in recent history, hitting £150m – a 30% rise on the same period in 2018. Adnams gins on display at the Swan in Southwold Picture: JAMIE HONEYWOODBritish gin exports increased by 15% in 2018 and were worth £613m. They are now worth more than double 2010’s sales of £288m.The new study showed the most popular destination for British gin in January, February and March 2019 was the United States, which imported £50m, closely followed by Spain and Germany, which imported £19m and £10m respectively.Southwold-based brewer and gin-maker Adnams said it had seen growing overseas sales.Adnams’ Copper House in Southwold PICTURE: Jamie HoneywoodMORE: Electricity customers could face £6 charge to fund Sizewell C buildLast year it exported three times the amount of spirits compared to 2017. About 11.5% of its spirits volumes sold in 2018 were exported, with whisky as well as gin doing well. Its Copper House… Read full this story
- Prince William starts training for new job at East Anglian Air Ambulance
- UK announces winners of ‘Go Global Africa’, lauds Nigeria’s huge entrepreneurial talent
- Google Launches Tools to Help Small Businesses Go Global
- English sparkling wine to go global after record grape harvest as vineyard eyes Asian markets
- More local firms join global supply chains
- Go Global with China Broadband Communications’ SD-WAN eNet Connect
- Going global: Sri Lanka positions itself as a preferred MICE destination
- The Masked Singer: Hughesy’s tongue-in-cheek comments about Lindsay Lohan go global
- Justin Haskins: Democrat Rashida Tlaib proposes disastrous cash giveaway -- guess who’s going to pay for it?
- Firms going bust in social care sector up by 50% amid spending cuts
Cashing in on gin: East Anglian firms going global have 311 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at June 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.