The 19th annual Brussels Economic Forum was held on Tuesday. The event brought in over 1,000 participants to discuss economic growth and the role of the EU globally.
Euronews’ Meabh McMahon spoke with Arancha González, the director of the International Trade Centre and a panellist at the forum.
González said the EU’s main priority right should be appointing leadership.
“The first pressing need is to get EU leadership in place as soon as they can,” she said. “Strong leadership, diverse leadership, that can hit the ground running.”
González also discussed the impact of a No-deal Brexit.
“It would look like big chaos, starting with the UK,” she said. “Disruption for business. Disruption for investors. Disruption for consumers, each and every one of the UK’s citizens. But it would also mean disruption for the rest of the European Union.”
Watch the live interview above to hear the rest of her thoughts.
- PM Modi all set to address World Economic Forum's Davos Dialogue today
- World Economic Forum | Putin cautions against regional conflicts, says global development faces risk of collapse
- World Economic Forum launches cross-sector alliance to close digital divide
- PM Modi to address World Economic Forum's Davos Dialogue today
- Full Text: Special Address by President Xi Jinping at the World Economic Forum Virtual Event of the Davos Agenda
- For one and all: On China’s global leadership role
- No, EU can't have our jabs! Boris Johnson dismisses Brussels bid to snatch up to 75million Covid-19 vaccines made in the Britain as AstraZeneca hints they will NOT bend to EU demands
- Putin warns of 'the end of civilization' and a global 'all-out fight' with Covid, growing inequality and a rise in populism potential triggers for conflict
- Vietnam’s economic achievements surprise the world
- Enacting long-term reforms for strong economic recovery
- Davos forum vital to global development and humanity
- Davos meeting to promote global cooperation as pandemic rages
Brussels Economic Forum 2019 looks at EU's global role have 307 words, post on www.euronews.com at June 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.