By ANNABELLE LIANG Published June 13, 2019 Energy Associated Press Facebook Twitter Comments Print Image 1 of 2 ▼ A currency trader talks on the phone near the screens showing the Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI), left, and the foreign exchange rate between U.S. dollar and South Korean won at the foreign exchange dealing room in Seoul, South Korea, Thursday, June 13, 2019. Asian stocks were mixed on Thursday as protesters in Hong Kong vowed to keep opposing a proposed extradition bill they fear would whittle down the territory’s legal autonomy. (AP Photo/Lee Jin-man) Asian stocks were mixed on Thursday as protesters in Hong Kong vowed to keep opposing a proposed extradition bill they fear would whittle down the Chinese territory’s legal autonomy. Continue Reading Below The protests threaten to shake confidence in the hub for many regional and international businesses and investors. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gave up 0.5% to 27,163.46, extending its losses after closing down 1.7% on Wednesday. The Shanghai Composite index added 0.1% to 2,912.47 while South Korea’s Kospi lost 0.8% to 2,092.11. Japan’s Nikkei 225 index lost 0.8% to 20,958.25. Australia’s S&P ASX 200 picked up 0.1% to 6,550.10 after the release of better-than-expected… Read full this story
- Asian shares waver as Hong Kong tensions spoil festive mood
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares waver as Hong Kong tensions spoil festive mood
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares sink as Hong Kong tensions spoil festive mood
- The Latest: Hong Kong protesters appeal to Trump for help
- Chinese Media Calls Hong Kong Protesters' Push for Democracy a 'Pipe Dream,' Slamming U.S. 'Interference'
- ‘I Love China’: Pope Francis Downplays Hong Kong Protests
- Hong Kong protesters hold sit-in at high school of 18-year-old demonstrator shot in the chest at point-blank range by policeman in clash that shocked the strife-ridden city
- Donald Trump signs bill supporting Hong Kong protesters into law
- Trump hopes 'nobody gets killed' as Hong Kong protests escalate
- Hong Kong protests send a message Americans can hear loud and clear
Asian shares mixed on jitters over Hong Kong protests have 325 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at June 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.