MANIPAL: Asare, a home for special children, with a school and rehabilitation centre for autism and learning disorders, will celebrate its 10th anniversary on Saturday in Manipal.
The celebrations will be inaugurated by Shobha Karandlaje, MP, Udupi-Chikkmagaluru; Dr H S Ballal, pro chancellor, MAHE, will preside over the function.
Asare is a joint project of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Archana Trust. The celebrations will be held in two parts. The morning function will be followed by a prize distribution ceremony, at which Dr Vasanti R Pai, trustee, MAHE Trust, will be the chief guest and Dr H Vinod Bhat, vice-chancellor, MAHE, will preside, and Indira Ballal, wife of Dr H S Ballal, will be the guest of honour.
Asare, with 40 inmates and 10 day scholars, provides vocational training in basic computer operations, tailoring, making plates with paper and areca leaf sheaths, making crepe paper flowers, greeting cards, paper bags and envelops. One of the inmates, Archana, is an international swimmer who recently won a bronze medal at the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Abu Dhabi.
- Two Koreas agree to hold joint event to celebrate June 15 declaration
- Family mourns Johnny Job, pedestrian killed in June 15 Harmon accident
- Restaurant inspections for the week of June 15
- Buncombe, Asheville property transfers for June 15-28
- Fishing: Brevard's forecast for weekend of June 15-17
- Every new show and movie on Hulu: June 2019
- Every new movie and show on Netflix: June 2019
- Weaponisation of June 12 (2)
- What's new to stream Amazon Prime for June 2018
- Ramadan has ended. Here's how Muslims celebrate Eid al-Fitr in the Coachella Valley