The moment, captured in two viral videos shared by Simpson over the weekend, is the latest in a line of racist encounters on platforms like Airbnb, again calling into question the safeguards in place to protect customers from hateful actions. On Sunday, Airbnb announced it had banned the host, calling the language she used ‘‘unacceptable.’’ Simpson, 28, of Alexandria, Virginia, who works in health IT, said he was still upset about how the group was belittled, calling it ‘‘another real-life situation where we had to experience the feeling of hopelessness as a black American.’’ ‘‘I felt very dehumanized,’’ Simpson told The Post. ‘‘I thought, is this where we are today? We made a point that we’re educated, working professionals. And it doesn’t even matter if you’re an educated person, because no one deserves to be called a monkey and be dehumanized for no reason.’’ For the weekend getaway to New York, Simpson and another friend drove in from the Washington area. Two others flew in from Chicago and Houston, while the fifth friend lives in New York. Simpson said the group had all met while traveling, and had arranged trips for years from the East and West Coasts to South… Read full this story
- REVEALED: Dundee Airbnb hosts earn thousands as city among top destinations for users
- Was our Airbnb host a closet toreador?
- NSW crackdown on Airbnb hosts
- New Journal and Guide Hosts Visiting Black Publishers For Summer NNPA Convention
- One Airbnb host's fight with this tourist mecca is nearing $1M in fines
- Dominican Rep. hosts LatAm Meeting & Incentive Travel Exchange
- Host of special guests will be at the Cromer Hospital Fete
- Benjamin Watson, A.J. Klein host Saints' Black and Gold softball game
- Airbnb provided $15.3M in tax revenue to Texas
- Airbnb offers new services day before minpaku law kicks in
Airbnb host kicks out black guests in racist exchange have 310 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.