By The Washington Post | PUBLISHED: June 3, 2019 at 5:41 am | UPDATED: June 3, 2019 at 5:48 am By Timothy Bella | The Washington Post It was around 2 a.m. on Saturday when the Airbnb host kicked Kenneth Simpson and his friends out of her New York townhouse. “Get your things and get the f— out of my house,” Simpson recalled her saying to the five black men. As the friends started to pack their things, the owner, listed on Airbnb under the name Kate, called them “criminals,” saying she felt threatened by their presence, Simpson told The Washington Post. That’s when Simpson told his friends to start recording the exchange. Then, she uttered a racial epithet long used toward black people. “Which monkey is gonna stay on the couch?” the host asked the group. The moment, captured in two viral videos shared by Simpson over the weekend, is the latest in a line of racist encounters on platforms like Airbnb, again calling into question the safeguards in place to protect customers from hateful actions. On Sunday, Airbnb announced it had banned the host, calling the language she used “unacceptable.” @Airbnb @AirbnbHelp @Airbnb_uk @cnn @cnbc @TheShadeRoomm #racism @shaunking —… Read full this story
- Airbnb Cracking Down On Party Houses After Police Break Up Party With More Than 700 People In Ocean County
- Martinez Couple Accused Of Defacing Black Lives Matter Mural Plead Not Guilty To Hate Crime Charge
- More than 700 people attended an Airbnb house party in New Jersey. Now, the home rental company is cracking down.
- Airbnb removes 35 New Jersey 'party houses' from its listings as the state witnesses 28% spike in coronavirus cases driven by young people
- Oprah Winfrey Lambasted as 'Racist Fraud' After She Publicly Rips 'White Privilege'
- Oprah Hosts White Guilt Session: ‘Whiteness Gives You an Advantage No Matter What’
- L.A. County finally issues 'legally binding' ban on gatherings after LAPD were prevented from stopping mega-mansion party where mother, 35, was shot dead
- Biden risks alienating young Black voters after race remarks
- Is the street name "Uncle Tom" racist?
- Is the street name 'Uncle Tom' racist?
Airbnb bans host who kicked out black guests in racist exchange have 348 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at March 6, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.