With more than $4.5 billion in assets under management from offices on the 11th floor of the JL Tower that feature panoramic views of spectacular Alaska scenery, staying focused on the big picture comes naturally to McKinley Capital Management CEO Rob Gillam. Taking the long view is also a family tradition. Gillam, 47, took over as CEO on Oct. 1, 2018, just a couple weeks after his father and firm founder Bob Gillam passed away on Sept. 12 after suffering a stroke at age 72. Gillam took a lot of advice from his father over the years, and the final piece he received over a lunch stands out. “He looked at me and said, ‘Remember, in life and in business when you sit in this chair: don’t fly too low. Get out of the weeds and look up,’” Gillam recalled during an April 26 interview. “That was his message and I think every Alaskan should remember that.” Gillam is a relatively rare breed in Alaska these days as the state is still climbing out of a three-year recession brought on by the 2015 crash in oil prices while the Legislature and Gov. Michael J. Dunleavy are locked in a high-stakes… Read full this story
- World Famous Lover Pre-Booking Status: Vijay Deverakonda Hits The Bulls Eye
- Alaska man sentenced in 2016 killing of police sergeant
- For 30 years, Denver banned pit bulls. The city voted last night to repeal the ban.
- Lewis Hamilton isn't God, can dethrone him, says Red Bull's Max Verstappen
- 4 Children — Including 2-Year-Old — Found Alive After Going Missing Overnight in Alaska Blizzard
- Dwyane Wade says he's 'tired' of answering questions about Bulls' lineups
- Bulls' Rajon Rondo fires back at Dwyane Wade, Jimmy Butler on Instagram
- NBA DFS stacks, advice, picks for Feb. 11: Target Bulls vs. Wizards in daily Fantasy basketball
- Sixers' Joel Embiid says he wants to be a 'good a--hole' after shushing Philadelphia crowd in win vs. Bulls
- Motor racing-Red Bull boss trusts F1 to make right call on Chinese GP
A bull’s eye on Alaska have 330 words, post on www.alaskajournal.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.