Published June 13, 2019 Features PCmag Facebook Twitter Comments Print article Editors’ Note: This article introduces Powercord, a new editorial and event series aimed at giving women the tools to navigate becoming technology founders. For more, join the [email protected] business community channel on LinkedIn. Continue Reading Below Women who aim to get ahead in the tech industry—or simply survive corporate life for that matter—often feel alone, lacking in work friends or other tech women upon whom to call. And that feeling is confirmed by research: the “2017 Women in Technology Study” by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) concluded that 48 percent of women in tech reported a marked lack of mentors and advisors. That’s almost half of the women in tech jobs feeling isolated. However, I’m here to reassure you that you aren’t alone. There are plenty of ways for women in tech professions to connect with one another, whether for moral support or career networking. Whether you’re looking for venture capital (VC) funding, in-person meetups, or just an understanding ear, one of the following 40 resources is bound to put a smile on your face. While this is a fairly long list, it’s still far from… Read full this story
- Coronavirus latest: Europe cases reach 1 million as Spain sees drop in infections
- Coronavirus live updates: 4.4 million new unemployment claims
- Coronavirus live updates: 840 sailors from Navy’s Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier test positive
- Coronavirus live updates: California’s deadliest day, but hospitalizations decline
- Coronavirus live updates: California clears testing backlog
- Coronavirus live updates: California DMV waives late fees, extends deadlines
40 Online Resources All Women in Tech Careers Should Know About have 273 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at June 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.