Robert Allen Detroit Free Press Published 3:37 PM EDT May 1, 2019 It could be the best rooftop-bar view in Detroit: The Monarch Club opens May 11 atop the Metropolitan Building in the heart of downtown. Outdoor patio areas flank both sides of the indoor, 13th-floor bar, with expansive sights that include Comerica Park to the north and the Hudson skyscraper construction project to the south. “The building is in a great vantage point to downtown — you can kind of see it in a way you don’t typically,” said David Di Rita, principal with the Detroit-based Roxbury Group, which has redeveloped the building through a $33 million project including the 110-room Element Detroit hotel. It’s anticipated to be the highest bar open to the public in downtown Detroit, with hours daily from 4 p.m to as late as midnight. It’s accessed through elevators inside the building’s main entrance, facing John R Street. Di Rita said this will be a “club” in a traditional sense; don’t expect a DJ blasting music from the rooftop. “Our intention here is for this to be a bar where you can have a conversation,” he said. Also read: 15 rooftop bars to try in metro Detroit The space will accommodate seating for… Read full this story
- San Diego Clubs and Bars: Downtown's Hottest Hotel Bars
- Women Outside Of Clubs And Bars
- The Mechanics of Bar Hopping in Miami
- Doggin' Detroit: Where To Hike With Your Dog When In The Motor City
- Technology Initiative in Detroit Public Schools
- Bars and Clubs in Cambridgeshire
- Is Going To a Bar or Club To Attract Women Worth The Cost For You?
- Finding a Bar to Call Home in Miami
- Las Vegas Night Club Tips - Know before you go!
- Drink and Be Married: Choosing the Right Bar for Your Wedding and Budget
The Monarch Club rooftop bar to open May 11 in downtown Detroit have 307 words, post on eu.freep.com at May 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.