VARANASI: The Election Commission on Wednesday rejected the nomination of
Lok Sabha candidate
from Varanasi for failing to submit the required certificate from the poll panel in his response to a notice served to him on Tuesday over discrepancies in the two forms filed by him on April 24 and April 29.
Tej Bahadur had been given time till 11am on Wednesday to submit documents to explain the discrepancy.
District election officer Surendra Singh examined the papers and reply in the presence of an EC representative in the afternoon and announced the rejection of Tej Bahadur’s nomination.
“Tej Bahadur has stated he was dismissed from GoI service on April 19, 2017, and a period of five years has not elapsed… A person dismissed from service from state or central governments in the last five years must obtain a certificate from the EC that he or she has not been dismissed due to disloyalty to the state or corruption. The certificate was not produced before 11am on May 1, 2019, as prescribed in the notice. Nomination paper of Tej Bahadursubmitted by him is hereby rejected,” he said, announcing the rejection of Tej Pratap’s nomination to run on the Varanasi seat.
“In the notice, Tej Bahadur had been asked to provide necessary documents and a certificate from ECI as conclusive proof, which should be attached with his nomination form. He had been given time till 11am on Wednesday to produce the papers but he failed to do so. Despite this fact, Tej Bahadur’s argument was heard after which a long ‘spoken order’ was issued to clarify why his nomination has been rejected,” he added.
Tej Bahadur claimed his papers had reached EC office in New Delhi on time. “I had submitted the required certificate, but poll officials rejected it unfairly. I will act as per the decision of SP leadership,” said Tej Bahadur. SP state spokesman Manoj Rai Dhoopchandi said, “The SP candidate was deliberately harassed in Varanasi. The DEO’s decision will be challenged in court after a party meeting.”
Dhoopchandi added that now Shalini Yadav, who had filed her nomination ahead of Tej Bahadur, stands as the SP candidate from Varanasi.
- Dana White Gunning to Book 3 Big Fights for Daniel Cormier
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs Francesco Pianeta: live stream the big fight free from anywhere
- Thanks to Trump, We’re Now in a Big Fight with Canada
- Halloween Themed Pop-Up Bar Coming To Philadelphia
- The Five Best Conor McGregor Fights
- Floyd Mayweather Hits Up Clippers Game After Announcing Fight in Japan
- Daniel Cormier Says Brock Lesnar Will Be Last Fight, Not Next Fight!
- Royal Enfield Continental GT535 is Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap's latest ride
- I Went to See Matt McGorry Talk About Toxic Masculinity and Left With a Tote Full of Axe Products
- Fighting Game Rivalries To Watch At Evo 2018