A serial arsonist torched bins near hospital oxygen tanks, a mobile mortuary and two MRI scanners worth £1 million.Pyromaniac Luke French is now facing the prospect of receiving an indeterminate jail sentence.The 29-year-old, with a history of starting fires dating back to childhood, set packaging and a waste bin alight at Medway Maritime Hospital in two separate incidents 15 minutes apart in September last year. It was only the quick actions of staff who spotted flames that averted serious consequences, Maidstone Crown Court heard.Prosecutor Gabby Henty said the fire happened near two large MRI scanners each worth £500,000, while plastic was set alight next to bin cages and in close proximity to an overflow mobile mortuary.“But perhaps most seriously, also where the mobile oxygen containers were and which connect to the main oxygen supply to the hospital,” she added.French, from Peregrine Drive, was caught on CCTV starting the fires and then lurking with an accomplice in the hospital entrance, either to watch the flames or to avoid detection.Earlier that evening, the pair also set two bins alight in nearby Chatham which had to be extinguished by the fire brigade.French pleaded guilty to two offences of arson and one of arson… Read full this story
- U.S. spent $1 trillion on hospitals in 2018, report finds
- Syrian army captures key Idlib town from rebels
- Medical aid website Shuidichou suspends its offline consultants
- Saudi Woman Driver Has Car Torched a Week After Ban Is Lifted
- Sri Lanka presidential hopeful says won’t honor deal with UN
- Assad Allies Promise Force if U.S. Keeps Crossing 'Red Lines'
- Social worker describes how the accused Claremont serial killer attacked her in a hospital toilet and tells court she thought she was going to die
- Buy Apollo Hospitals, price target Rs 1,520: Kunal Bothra
- Brave cyclist suffering from leukaemia trains while hooked up to hospital machine as he targets SECOND career comeback
- Villages in Vadgaon Maval a target of bogus doctors
Serial arsonist targeted hospital have 330 words, post on www.kentonline.co.uk at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.