By George Kelly | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: May 28, 2019 at 7:34 pm | UPDATED: May 29, 2019 at 9:30 am OAKLAND — A motorcyclist killed Tuesday afternoon on Highway 13 was identified by the coroner’s office Wednesday as John Kloosterman, 54, of Oakland. Kloosterman was killed about 5:25 p.m. Tuesday on southbound Highway 13 just north of Broadway Terrace. The California Highway Patrol said its preliminary investigation indicated he was riding in the extreme left lane in heavy traffic when he appears to have applied the motorcycle’s brakes, apparently causing the rear end of the motorcycle to lift from the roadway and eject him onto the roadway. Medical personnel pronounced him deceased at the scene. Both southbound lanes were closed while the CHP investigated. CHP officers issued a Sig-alert at 5:44 p.m., and also closed the connector from eastbound Highway 24 to southbound Hwy. 13 for a time. All lanes reopened just before 7:20 p.m. Harry Harris contributed to this report. Contact George Kelly at 408-859-5180. Report an error Policies and Standards Contact Us
- Motorcyclist killed in A93 crash named
- Motorcyclist killed in M62 horror crash that left witnesses 'traumatised'
- Witnesses left ‘traumatised’ after motorcyclist killed in M62 crash
- Motorcyclist killed in fatal Sudbury crash named as Jake Page
- Motorcyclist killed in M54 crash named
- Motorcyclist killed in Wicklow crash
- Motorcyclist killed in M62 horror crash is named
- Wife's tribute to motorcyclist killed in crash: 'sleep tight and ride free'
- Motorcyclist killed in crash a 'truly decent' family man
- Tributes to motorcyclist killed in tragic collision
Motorcyclist killed on Highway 13 in Oakland hills identified have 254 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at May 29, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.